I sleep like a baby at night

What in the world is going on?
stilltrucking

I sleep like a baby at night

Post by stilltrucking » February 7th, 2008, 2:32 pm

"Watched over by machines of loving grace"

There used to be a lot research in the sixties on ECM defense systems, electronic counter measures, than there was ECCM, electronic counter counter measures. Where now ECCCCCCCCCCCM’s ?

. Reminded me of the old Spy vs. Spy in the Mad Magazines.

“When arm ourselves we arm our enemies” The Human Use of Human beings.

The law of unintended consequences
Or the road to Hell Michigan is paved with good intentions.

It seemed like such a good idea at the time

This from 2004
Wireless World: RFID to thwart terrorism

RFID technology, long touted as in-store anti-theft devices for retailers, is evolving and now is "the answer for homeland defense at our ports," Ben Quinones, a partner in the technology law practice of Pillsbury Winthrop in California's Silicon Valley, told UPI.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Science/20 ... rism/8829/

This from 2008 A college kid showed him how easily it could be done.

Cargo-tracking gear is potential terror tool Web Posted: 01/04/2008
11:35 PM CSTSean MattsonExpress-News MONTERREY, Mexico — Increasingly popular technology that tracks the contents of shipping containers could make some major U.S. sea and land ports vulnerable to terror attack, according to a private sector study.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/ ... 5fd27.html
Satellite Control and the Future of Container Security
April 2007

Finally, because of its nature and the control of frequencies by governments, an RFID signal can be the actual means of detonating an explosive device in a container as it is queried at a U.S. port upon arrival by a benign transceiver, appropriately and legally used.3

http://www.homelandsecurity.org/newjour ... rticle=155

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 11th, 2008, 5:16 pm

one of my patients
a dear fellow with brain mets
no joke
told me his son is worth about 50 mill
has a contract with uncle sam
fiber optics along th rio grande

yas yas
this is in confidence
no matter what
we gotta start building goodwill
but evidently this is only if it is good for general motors and daddy warbucks
hillary is really annie in disguise
o'bama has an irish ancestor
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 12th, 2008, 8:44 am

The Human Use of Human Beings, been forty years since I read it. I have tried to read it again but my senility makes it hard going. He is the grand daddy of cybernetics, he is down with the Po Mo's they say.

All this fear and loathing of bored wah jee, we have met the enemy and we are us. True believers, god must have loved them, there are so many. I think McCain got a dam good chance.

I knew bill, and Hillary is no Eleanor Roosevelt. She is just a poor dumb blonde who did not know then what she knows now. Too bad Barbara Boxer is not running. She knew then what she knows now.
I will vote for her jimbo, if she gets it. I wish she would get a new hubby, or get her old one a muzzle.

Shit I remember when she made her "not staying home and baking cookies remark" the femin*zis (thanks rush) upset because after that she had to appear in a pink outfit to soften her image.

I would vote for her, even so. If she gets it. Big deal this year, my vote may actually matter.

Obama as JFK, and I am thinking
Johnny I hardly knew you
were just another cold warrior
and there was no missle gap
and ike was more than some senile reagan.
not a fuddy duddy asleep at the switch
Adlai stevenson said that he could get the vote of every intelligent thinking person but that was not good enough, he needed a majority.

It is too late
the meek have inheirited the earth
but I will vote anyway
out of respect for the thousands of dead soldiers
who have died in foreign wars
to defend my right to.
and who also died to defend the Morgan loans to Great Britian and France

Where is John Dos Passos when we need him. Who has time to read USA anymore, I know I don't. Better than political theory, it is like reading the news paper this morning/

And the elections were fair in the Weimar republic they say
H*tler was voted in
the communists had their own agenda
the fascists too
a plague on both their houses

Don't trust any body under thirty

Nobody on that border wants that got dam fence. None of the land owners, the fish and game people, and the local cops. Just my impresssion from the local paper.

two days and i still have a lingering buzz.
not so?

"the politics of sin, cynicism, and despair" Life Against Death

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 12th, 2008, 9:34 am

Obama and Israel

And Cindi Sheehan says get Israel out of Palestine and gets loud applause when she says that.

Just a jew with out jews, a jew without an army, with out a gun, without zionism, (Thank you Phillip Roth)

just A Manchild In The Promosed Land, thank you Claude Brown

Just praying for The Wretched of The Earth (thank you Franz Fannon)

Ah shit

Everybody appologized for the holocaust, why do I go on about it.
As if the Polish people said gee, sorry, come on home, you can have your house back, here is the stuff we stole from you, welcome home. As if the pogroms did not continue after the war.

Have you ever heard of David Walker

Interesting show on PBS last week called SLAVERY AND THE MAKING OF AMERICA Interesting bit in there about the Jews in Charleston South Carolina celebrating Passover, and the passover meal seved by their slaves. Is that irony or something worse.

I don't suppose you ever listened to this

A Tale of Love & Darkness he says it for me much more eloguently than I ever could.

Obama or Hillary
I still have not decided
I still got plenty of time
meanwhile I toss and turn all night trying to decide who I will vote for on March 4. :roll: :lol:

If not for African Americans to take the heat there would have been more Jews lynched in the south. Call me a latent racist if you think so. I have learned to be warry, it took a hit up side my head with a two by four to bring me to my senses. You know stereotypes are a pain, all black people dance well, they are so cool, all gay people are cool,

I have learned to try to take people one at a time as they come at me, even Jews.

The Israeli Rumsfeld
The military genuis and Israeli defense minister behind the invasion of Lebanon last year.

He is the one with the lens caps on his binoculars, reviewing the troops

Image Source

She thinks I am some la la white boy liberal, trying to pander to black people.
And mousey1 thinks I pander to women

Still trying to quench the fire
She is probably right
If a man gives way to all his desires, or panders to them, there will be no inner struggle in him, no 'friction,' no fire. But if, for the sake of attaining a definite aim, he struggles with the desires that hinder him, he will then create a fire which will gradually transform his inner world into a single whole.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/P._D._Ouspensky
I was thirty two the first time I smoked it, quite a culture shock, all my friends were reading Ouspensky and I was reading Nietzsche.

If Profiles in Courage was written today it would have to have a chapter on Malcolm.

This is from an interview with Gordon Parks not long before he was murdered.
"I realized racism isn't just a black and white problem. It's brought bloodbaths to about every nation on earth at one time or another. Brother, remember the time that white college girl came into the restaurant — the one who wanted to help the Muslims and the whites get together — and I told her there wasn't a ghost of a chance and she went away crying? Well, I've lived to regret that incident. In many parts of the African continent I saw white students helping black people. Something like this kills a lot of argument. I did many things as a [black] Muslim that I'm sorry for now. I was a zombie then — like all [black] Muslims — I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. Well, I guess a man's entitled to make a fool of himself if he's ready to pay the cost. It cost me 12 years. That was a bad scene, brother. The sickness and madness of those days — I'm glad to be free of them."
http://www.africaresource.com/content/view/265/202/
I have not seen the move Malcolm. I do not know how the murder was dealt with. From what I have read Farrakan had a hand in it.

Obama
time will tell
time loves a hero they say.
Last edited by stilltrucking on February 12th, 2008, 11:13 am, edited 9 times in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 12th, 2008, 9:45 am

Just trying to get a rise out of izzy

Wireman is my favorite political theorist these days
Some folks trust to reason
Others trust to might
I don't trust to nothing
But I know it come out right
http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/playin.html

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » February 12th, 2008, 11:07 am

To all-- especially Jack and Jimbo:

I read the massive tome, JOURNALS 1952-2000 ( A.S., Jr. lived to age 90 . . .) by Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. and it was revealing and entertaining until he reached the Carter ( Carter terrified him-- a true bloodless Machiavellian . . .) years.

Schlesinger's favorite, Averell Harriman ( in spite of the Fugs song . . .) was my kind of politician-- a long cigar, warm rhetoric and a mind like owl pizzle pouring down the drain. Harriman never got to run for president, but either he or Adlai would front the current field if I had my way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Averell_Harriman

Emma Goldman for secretary of state, I say!

One of the odd, mysterious characters in the first third of Schlesinger's book is fun.

A.S., who was, of course, a Kennedy insider ( the first third of the book is terrific, because A.S. is in on everything-- the true age of THE AMERICAN WHITE MAN'S TRIUMPH, before Americans got all mixed up about themselves, as Strom Thurmond used to say . . .)-- as an insider, A.S. Jr. knew where all the bodies were buried-- just as his own father had in the FDR administration.

The character who sort of flits back and forth in the shadows is named "Mary", obviously some kind of code name.

Schlesinger says:

"Jackie was rumored to be sexually cool-- but there was always "Mary" for Jack . . ." and such remarks.

It took me a while, maybe the sixth mention, to realize Schlesinger was talking about Marilyn Monroe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Monroe

He met her several times, of course, at Kennedy parties. The most nervous woman he'd ever seen-- had to crumble three tranquillizers and dissolve them in champagne before she could meet the guests, clasping Jack's arm . . .

Ah-- those were the "good old days" of politics . . .

--Z

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 12th, 2008, 12:41 pm

• looks tranquil enuf
    i am turning towards o'bama
    since my vote for hillary don't count

Averell Harriman
    had three wives
    and many hats.
O'Bama will be very popular in Ireland

I'd like to see the team that he will assemble.

I don't remember seeing much positive change during Bill's tenure
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 12th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Adlai had sole.

image source

Poor Gary Hart, he thought if JFK could get away with monkey business he could too.

Image Source

If the press exhibited the same restraint towards Bill Clinton as they did towards Kennedy, we would be saying Monica who? It was common knowledge among the press about JFK's lovers, but you all know that.

Speaking of presidential libidos:
Calvin and Grace Coolidge didn’t have one of the more romantic marriages on White House record. Fortunately, they had a sense of humor about their love life. According to biographer Carl Sferrazza Anthony, the couple once visited a chicken farm in Maryland, where the first lady witnessed a rooster copulating with a hen. Upon asking the farmer if the rooster did that often, Grace was informed that he did it several times a day. “Tell that to the president,” she responded, and the farmer did just that. “To the same hen?” Calvin inquired. “No, Mr. President,” said the red-faced farmer. “Tell that to Mrs. Coolidge,” said the president.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/7028
One nice thing about Bush, such a nice man, so moral. No hanky panky between him and Harriet Meirs.

Oh lordy, I am okay most of the time, but sometimes when I think about how that son of bitch is just going to walk away from what he has done I want to puke. Heck of a job Bushie.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”