the Free Market Monster

What in the world is going on?
mtmynd

the Free Market Monster

Post by mtmynd » March 9th, 2009, 1:53 pm

<center>The Madness of the Free Market Monster</center>

The economy. What a pile of stinking decay. So many people losing their financial asses off and it's not good. It's terrible for the society. It's terrible for the world. It's all a terrible pile of stinking, decaying garbage.

People whining that they've lost and lost big. No doubt about it. A Free Market economy is a spiteful bitch. Free Market. Those two words were the promise of everyone's dreams and desires come true. Let the markets decide. Allow the markets to increase, increase and increase some more. It's a wonderful and exciting Free Market explosion that everyone is benefiting from (then).

Okay. What seems to be hard to swallow (for good reason), a Market that's free is free to pull it's interest in expansion right out from under all of us. What was once trillions of dollars in value, the current Free Market has radically reduced to 1/20th of the highest market value. Afterall, it's a Free Market and a Free Market by definition can do damn well whatever it wants to do. Too bad for us that it decided it's value was overrated and ridiculous. When money becomes more expensive than the money's value, there's a problem. That should have been known about by those that follow such Free Market ideals for their livelihood. But guess what? You're right... they ignored all the warnings. Who in the hell wanted to face the facts? The world was having a financial feast where all the pigs of greed were at the troughs stuffing their faces with more and more monies without any regard to who's paying the bill after the feast is over. Fuck that! Nobody wants a dose of reality in their face when everything seems great, wonderful, bountiful and apparently never-ending, do they?

But the Free Market cost became a Monster that demanded more and more and more until even banks and mortgage companies couldn't provided enough capital to this Free Market Monster that was greedier than anyone could ever imagine. The Free Market Monster simply belched and walked away. Not even a friggin' Thank You from the bastard. Did this Monster ever once apologize for turning all the money into toilet paper? Credit? That's quick payment for the Free Market Monster so he won't leave us without. Feed him now, pay for it later. We'll catch up. Just give us some years and we'll treat you even better, Mr Free Market Monster. As long as you are free that's all that matters... Free to Do whatever YOU want to do. Free to destroy the finances of so many people that have put money away that became nothing more than more and more financial food for the Monster... the Free Market Monster that nobody would argue with, nobody wanted to confront, nobody had any idea how bad this Monster could be. He was supposed to be fair and equitable... a good thing to have around. But Free Market Monster had enough. He left the remains of his feast... the garbage, the bones, the broken celebratory glassware that many have stepped on and left indelible marks that hopefully will be reminders for life of the -

<center>Madness of the Free Market Monster

. . . . . . .</center>

cecil

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 13th, 2009, 3:55 pm

that was written already very clear in the XIX century but I enjoy a lot reading it written by your own hands now, Cecil!!!!!!! bravo (I mean it!) !!!!!! :D

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 13th, 2009, 7:51 pm

I don't get it Cecil.

Looked at this for a couple days now

Waiting for a clue.

So it has been said before in the 19th century?

Does that mean the answer is a planed economy?

Or should we tilt our heads back and laugh at the sky?

The Aral Sea

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 14th, 2009, 9:19 am

Just my paranoia I suppose

It was all wrote down in the XX th century by freud

This whole monstrous consumer culture

He supplied the keys to our unconscious desires to the captains of indusry

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 14th, 2009, 11:51 am

The Century of the Self

How politicians and business learned to create and manipulate mass-consumer society.

Episodes: One | Happiness Machines

Episode Two | The Engineering of Consent
Adam Curtis, The Century of the Self tells the untold and sometimes controversial story of the growth of the mass-consumer society in Britain and the United States. How was the all-consuming self created, by whom, and in whose interests?

Freud provided useful tools for understanding the secret desires of the masses. Unwittingly, his work served as the precursor to a world full of political spin doctors, marketing moguls, and society's belief that the pursuit of satisfaction and happiness is man's ultimate goal.

http://informationclearinghouse.info/article12642.htm
Viewing Consumer Culture Through the Lens of Addiction

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 14th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Free Market Monster came outta me like a big needy belch! Like it had been brewing inside brought on by the news and finally took a life of its own and bip! belched out all over the keyboard. I only saw Free Market as a separate identity that was on a feeding frenzy that nobody could satisfy until this monster walked away in search of more money to satiate it's cravings leaving us with the debris of unsatisfied debts and reduced values, the Monster dragging it's tail into the setting sun...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 15th, 2009, 3:57 am

Quite a belch 8)
My compliments to the chef.

Remember the Sorcerer's apprentice scene in Fantasia?

Sometimes when I fall asleep at night I see demons behind my eyes, they are not troublesome at all, I smile and say bring it on.

But the hardest thing to fall asleep on are the eidetic images from my time on the road, factory production lines. Endless conveyor belts of stuff, bottles and cans clinking along. Mile after mile of warehouse racks filled with consumer goods.

There is now a patch of garbage in the Pacific ocean bigger than the state of Texas, mostly plastic grocery bags and such.

I look at that picture of what is now the Aral sea and think about the value of a planed political economy.

The only thing that keeps me from going mad is my sick sense of humor.

Rant on Cecil
There used to be a pretty good band called Ranting and Raving

Nazz

Post by Nazz » March 15th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Well put, Cecil. Really can't quibble with too much of that. When a nation with one of the world's highest living standards, a nation of 5% of the world's population with a taste for consuming 25% of the world's resources, entered the "free market" global economy full-time, there was bound to be some pain and smoke and mirrors somewhere along the way, I suppose...

I gotta go now. My "library" computer time grows short.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » March 18th, 2009, 11:54 am

ah i remember the first time i heard that utterence, "free market"
was in rotc
a fellow cadet
accounting major
cartoonist

but how people box themselves into compartmentalized awareness
hhow the free market gilded elites made their case into the white house and control of the economy, they purposely, not purposfully, freed the restraints of accountability to allow for the transfer of wealth into concentrated coffers, used the populist nonsense of apocalypse freaks as their base

now public perception is catching up with current events
why we were able to form a coalition and overthrow the last neo-cons

a business economy can be like chi energy
creative shepherding is required
a decentralised economics
with federal guidance to assure right practices
by buddha dogs
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

e_dog

Post by e_dog » March 26th, 2009, 6:56 pm

The Solution to Financial Crysis:

CANNIBALISM!

Eat the bankers! Eat the Rich!
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 28th, 2009, 8:22 am

(smile)

Dario Fo Misterio buffo (La fame dello Zanni)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCm9IApf1rA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCm9IApf1rA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 30th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Veronica, amiga mia... este video no esta en youtube... no mas, fin.

No puede comprende pero el es muy dramatico. muy comico! gracias.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 31st, 2009, 1:28 pm

no está más en youtube el video? oh...
sí, Dario Fo es muy cómico, and also a great painter and dibujante!!!!! :)

now, talking somehow more seriously... :roll: :lol:

see:

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/contr ... 03-31.html

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 2nd, 2009, 11:56 pm

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 3rd, 2009, 12:21 pm

Admissions unimagined Belize is the dominant ideology of the White House, as is well known: took 48 percent of world military spending. Le siguen Europa con el 20 por ciento, China con el 8, Rusia con el 5 (por ahora) y América latina con el 3 por ciento ( www.gao.gov ). Europe followed with 20 percent, China with 8, with Russia 5 (for now) and Latin America with 3 percent (www.gao.gov). Esos gastos constituyen el 54 por ciento del presupuesto nacional estadounidense del 2009, contra 6,2 para educación y 5,3 para salud pública, proporciones que no se observan en ningún otro país de la Tierra. These costs represent 54 percent of U.S. 2009 national budget, from 6.2 to 5.3 for education and public health proportions not seen in any other country on Earth. El viejo dicho dice que quien quiera la paz debe prepararse para la guerra. The old saying that whoever wants peace must prepare for war. EE.UU. U.S. prepara guerras, no más. prepares war, no more.

Inmediatamente después de asumir la presidencia, BO fue más lejos que W. Immediately after assuming the presidency, went further than BO W. y aumentó el número y la intensidad de los ataques de aviones no tripulados contra las áreas tribales paquistaníes que limitan con Afganistán (The New York Times, 20/2/09). and increased the number and intensity of attacks by unmanned aircraft against the Pakistani tribal areas bordering Afghanistan (The New York Times, 20/2/09). Los mandos militares se proponen ahora bombardear otras zonas, por ejemplo Quetta, capital de la provincia de Beluchistán, y sus alrededores (The New York Times, 17/3/09). Military commanders are now bombarding other areas, such Quetta, capital of Baluchistan province, and its environs (The New York Times, 17/3/09). Esto provocaría ásperas reacciones de los paquistaníes: Quetta es una ciudad y no el territorio de pashtunes alejado del centro del país. This would cause harsh reactions from Pakistanis: Quetta is a city and not the land of Pashtuns from the center of the country.

Obama habló con cierto descuido en el programa Face the Nation del lunes pasado: prometió que continuaría lanzando ataques en Pakistán, pero sólo después de consultar con el gobierno de Islamabad, y declaró que la nueva estrategia que los incluye “no modifica el reconocimiento de Pakistán como un Estado soberano” ( www.cbsnews.com , 30/3/0). Obama spoke to some neglect in the program Face the Nation last Monday: had promised that he would continue to launch attacks in Pakistan, but only after consultation with the government in Islamabad, and declared that the new strategy that includes "does not alter the recognition of Pakistan as a sovereign state "(www.cbsnews.com, 30/3/0). Pareciera que la cuestión de la soberanía se entiende de diferentes maneras. It seems that the issue of sovereignty is understood in different ways. O está definitivamente herrumbrada. O is definitely rust.

google translation

Disturbing article arcadia,
We live in such interesting times here.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”