The pictures must be really bad.....

What in the world is going on?
hester_prynne

The pictures must be really bad.....

Post by hester_prynne » May 13th, 2009, 9:10 pm

if even Obama thinks we shouldn't let them out. What the hell did Bush and Cheney do? What the hell have we done that we don't know about?
I feel kinda scared.
H 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 14th, 2009, 5:41 am

What are you afraid of Hester?
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 14th, 2009, 9:08 am

I am having a tom paxton moment this morning

"Pack up all your sorrows
you would lose them
I know how to use them
give them all to me"
"

something like that.

I had to google
it is a Richard Farina song :oops:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/os8TxBe7qpM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/os8TxBe7qpM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Barry

Post by Barry » May 14th, 2009, 11:08 am

I think the idea is that if the pics are released, and shown on Al Jezera, say, then it will incite our "enemies" to ramp it up a notch or several notches against us, or further dissuade the rest of the world from allying with us. Or something like that. The term used was hurt national security. So yeah, they must be pretty bad.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 14th, 2009, 1:38 pm

so what is the ACLU's agenda?

They are the ones who went to court to have the pictures released. What will that accomplish?

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2008/s2569923.htm

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 14th, 2009, 2:16 pm

Hes'... I ran across this quote today after reading your post -
I have come to realize that all my trouble with living has come from fear and smallness within me. -- Angela L. Wozniak
Even after googling her name, I'm still not sure who she is. But her quote is good enough for me. ((wink))

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 15th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Hester that was none of my business. A dumb question for a man to ask a woman especially. I just don't know how to act.

I for one do not want to see the pictures. And at this point in time justice for the men and woman who trashed our country the past eight years is not my first priority. The only reason I can think of for the ACLU to get those pictures is that they want to go after the criminals in the Bushco regime.. .

I think it is more important. to redo our government undo the Bush policies eliminate the corruption.

I am thinking about the South African Government under Mandela. How he rose above the past to create a new order.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.---Nelson Mandela
Which is pretty much what Mz Wozniak said too.

So much to fear, we all waiting for the roof to fall in, the next shoe to drop, the next pandemic, the next bomb. The next Qassam rocket to fall. The next astroid to hit, the next great die off to occur, the next terrorist attack, the next megalomaniac to seize power.

I don't have much left to be afraid of. I have already imagined every bad end.

I spent 20 bucks to buy a copy of Love In The Ruins by Walker Percy because you are so fond of him.

I keep coming back to the first couple sentences. That is what hooked me in.
Now IN THESE DEAD LATTER DAYS of the old violent beloved U.S.A. and of the Christ-forgetting Christ-haunted death-dealing Western world I came to myself in a grove of young pines and the question came to me: has it happened at last?

Two more hours should tell the story. One way or the other. Either I am right and a catasprohe will occur, or it won't and I'm crazy. In either case the outlook is not so good.
I have been seeing a nuclear holocaust, another catastrophe since 1992, hell longer than that. The early seventies, a bad trip looking at the sky and seeing the clouds roil in fire and mushroom shapes.

I remember looking at George H.W. Bush when he was elected and thinking is he the one? The one who will bring it about. And every one since then. I think about him. My worst fear, is for the Obama's life. I know he is just this guy, another politician, but I think he is the best we have had in a long time. Then I think well he has eight years, if he is spared, eight years to turn it around. Then what? Turn it around till the next George Bush comes to power.

I am sorry
I should have not asked you that.
When I listen to you singing it makes it all better for me. I wish I had a song to sing for you.

Free Rice

e_dog

Post by e_dog » May 27th, 2009, 11:36 pm

END OF DAYZ.

ACLU is the devil's owne.

Send them librals to irak.

Bush-Cheaney is King!
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 29th, 2009, 12:07 pm

the antichrist lives on!!!!
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 29th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Free Rice

Nazz

Post by Nazz » June 1st, 2009, 7:25 pm

I'm going to Disneyland!!!!

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » June 2nd, 2009, 10:04 am

Imagebe sure to wear some flowers in yer hair
if ya got any left

we could see some war imagery from gaza
death scenes of killed peoples
we don't get ta see that stuff either

the roxybeast has did a war show
with poem in her column, man
the pregnent pope<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7GN_YylQqiI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7GN_YylQqiI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » June 4th, 2009, 10:39 am

nazz wrote
"I'm going to Disneyland!!!!"

I'm going to the McHolyland.

Onward Christian Soldiers
There are no atheists in fox holes
I wonder what inferences one could draw from that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone remember Cotton Mouth Soldier from litkicks?

Free Rice

e_dog

Post by e_dog » June 5th, 2009, 7:42 pm

kiddie publik not fit fer vuin' them thar pics.

suck it o bama.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”