GOP- The Actor's Always Talk the Best!

What in the world is going on?
izeveryboyin

GOP- The Actor's Always Talk the Best!

Post by izeveryboyin » September 7th, 2004, 6:35 pm

California's latest governor, or "Govenator", made and amzingly riveting speech at the GOP in New York. So well-spoken in fact that I was almost sure he'd made it to the 11th grade in high school. But really, it was highly amusing I found, the senselessness of some of his points, the mundaness of it all, my God. The fact that suc a person could be even considered for political candidacy is miraculous, but, as the saying goes, give the poeple what they want. Although admittedly, it seems only fitting for the "glamorous" Hollywood California is so internationally famous for. He gives as he reason for being a republican "I said to my friend, 'What Party is he (Richard Nixon)?' My friend said 'He's a Republican'. I said 'Then I'm a Republican!' And I've been a Republican ever since" Riveting. No doubt the most amazing excuse for becoming not only an advocate, but a proud member of a politcal party. Bravo, govenor.
He no less that infuriated me, and also sparked a discussion between a Bush-advocate and myself about his comment concerning the War. He said to the attendees at the convention, and to America "The President didn't go into Iraq because the polls told him it was popular. As a matter of fact, the polls said just the opposite. But leadership isn't about polls. It's about making decisions you think are right and then standing behind those decisions. That's why America is safer with George W. Bush as President. " Ignoring what millions of people screamed not only in America, but all over the world is supposed to be leadership? Laughing at the numerous protests and ralllies and "Give Peace, Not War" slogans pasted on shirts and car windows and on buttons folks were wearing down the street is not leadership. It is dictatoship. And America wasn't supposed to be based on dictatorship, nor was it supposed to be based upon ignorance, or greed, or some guy in the president's chair whose pissed off that he didn't get his way. What Schwarzenegger's common said to me was "I agree with Bush, fuck the polls, fuck what you have to say. I'll whatever I want b/c my name has president before and yours doesn't."
He made this comment shortly before, "We have the highest economic growth of any of the world's major industrialized nations." Now I'm not exactly sure where he's been since 2001 when we saw an enormous economic decline. I'm, not sure why he thinks the main issue that everyone's listening for is increase in jobs and why the leader of his fucking party is telling America he's got plans on how to rebuild the economy. Why bring that up as one of your major points when clearly, it has been a cause for concern. This was the point in which I discredited him to having only a one-sided mind. There may be a bright side to destruction if you look beneath the surface, but the fact of the matter is that there IS destruction, and what he's saying is "well, like I said, fuck the polls, fuck what you have to say." His entire speech had me in an uproar, and I felt as if he'd been somewhere, beneath the surface of the world, listening through a shoddy pair of headphones.
He said to America "That's what I admire most about the President. He's a man of perseverance. He's a man of inner strength. He is a leader who doesn't flinch, doesn't waiver, does not back down." Although he spoke publicly for the first time, n the hours after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling a German television reporter he was "trying to get out of harm's way" before returning to the White House. And yet he does not flinch, he has inner strength? Where? It must have been up there hiding with him in Air Force One while he was flying away from the threats, from his people. This is the man of perserverance and inner strength? I think not. There is justification in his fear, but yet and still, America was afraid too. We all were afraid. Every newspaper page you turned they were saying there had been threats made on buildings like the Sears Tower, here in Chicago, or even back in New york, agaisnt the Empire State Building. But you didn't see all of us hopping a plane across the world. We stuck it out. And he left his people, his nation in the time when they needed his "leadership" the most.
The point of the matter is that Bush made all these promises and guarantees, and said some of the same things would be done and fixed here in America. He had four years to show us that was possible. Four years to fix the mess. Sept.11.2004, no matter how tragic, is still only just a day, and he can't shake the fact that there were 364 other ones in that year where he didn't pull through like a president should. So I say to him, you, and all the rest of America, if he didn't do it the first time, what makes him think he can do it now? He spent four years in office making a mess, and now, do I really believe he's going to clean it up? It's a known fact that it takes longer to fix something than it does to break it. He doesn't have a lifetime to remedy the problems, and it didn't take even a year for him to make a mess of things before. There is a matter of no-excuse when you are in the presidential office. There is no three strikes. There's a chance to prove that you were actually worthy of our vote, or misvote, but it's damn hard to remedy a term-full of shit. And even if it's remedied, it's never forgotten. And I know that when I head to the polls this November, in the words of our dear 43rd President "I will not forget."
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”