Welcome to Ted Cruz’s Thunderdome

What in the world is going on?
stilltrucking

Welcome to Ted Cruz’s Thunderdome

Post by stilltrucking » October 5th, 2013, 10:41 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/opini ... ml?hp&_r=0
“Well, son, they knew there was something creepy about the ringleader, Ted Cruz,” the man replies. “His face looked pinched, like a puzzle that had not been put together quite right. He was always launching into orations with a weird cadence and self-consciously throwing folksy phrases into his speeches, like ‘Let me tell ya,’ to make himself seem Texan, when he was really a Canadian.”

The boy looks alarmed. “A Canadian destroyed the world, Papa?”

“Once the government shut down, a plague came, because they had closed the Center for Disease Control,” the man says. “Storms, floods and wildfires raged after FEMA was closed down and the National Guard got decimated.

“Once we went into default, the globe got sucked into the economic vortex. With a lot of the Defense Department, F.B.I., and intelligence community on forced leave, the country became vulnerable to terrorist attacks. Without the C.I.A. to train the moderate Syrian rebels, Syria fell to Al Qaeda.

“After the final American president, Barack Obama, canceled his trip to Asia, that part of the world decided we were weak. China moved quickly to fill the vacuum. Obama grew so disgusted, he spent his final years in office isolated in the White House residence. When he stopped returning the calls of Hassan Rouhani and Bibi Netanyahu, it was only a matter of time before the Middle East went up in flames.

“What is left of the world is being run by Julian Assange from what is left of the Ecuadorean Embassy in London and by some right-wing nut in a cabin in Idaho.”

The boy begins to cry. “Papa, stop. You’re making me sad. Are all the good guys gone?”

Looking through the gray skies toward the ashen Lincoln Memorial, where an ape sits in Abe’s chair, the man replies sadly, “Yes, son.”

Arcadia

Re: Welcome to Ted Cruz’s Thunderdome

Post by Arcadia » October 8th, 2013, 10:07 pm

curious that a Canadian-half latino is giving most of you a headache at the moment ... :lol: (sorry...!) :wink:

stilltrucking

Re: Welcome to Ted Cruz’s Thunderdome

Post by stilltrucking » October 25th, 2013, 9:57 am

If not for guns and god
there would be no colonies
in the new world
tea party
or no nothing party
we party hardy
no trouble
no woman
no cry