Lost it

What in the world is going on?
Atehequa

Lost it

Post by Atehequa » November 9th, 2013, 6:38 pm

It was last winter when we lost the television.

Not so much losing it, like car keys, or say a parking spot. We just turned it off one cold night and then canceled the cable service. Aside from the comedy channels, history or nature programs along with the local news, I had no use for those reality shows or what began to seem to us as the not even half truths of corporate own cable news channels. Such programming appeared to be the television industry's mainstay. My wife began to wonder why were we paying for this commercial fraught service that did anything but entertain and truthfully inform us.

It was easier to quit than smoking.

A tool perhaps I think, especially when comes to the big 3 cable news channels, two at each other's throats like crows and hawks, while the other seems well able to issue the caws and shrill cries of both birds. It was like these three type of birds perched upon the shoulders of a two headed monster. By keeping the people divided, fearful and confused, this monster rules and feasts upon souls. Those birds did not appear to be natural creatures and if they were, the caws, cries or sweet songs were not their own.

These had to be the doings of motchie monnittou, one that cannot be appeased like mean river spirits or those malefic ones on a steep narrow foggy mountain path. An eater of spirits and good life. It's bad enough being subjugated by it's servant's rule, but to pay for it's lies to be cabled into our home was insane. It's hard enough to keep it's two headed monster and bad birds out of our dreams.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”