'Human And Nature DYnamical' (HANDY)

What in the world is going on?
stilltrucking

'Human And Nature DYnamical' (HANDY)

Post by stilltrucking » March 15th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for 'irreversible collapse'?

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... scientists

mtmynd

Re: 'Human And Nature DYnamical' (HANDY)

Post by mtmynd » March 20th, 2014, 7:03 pm

I read some of that article yesterday. It got too depressing and I had to stop and smell the roses, There wasn't any roses blooming which depressed me.

Just when I think I'm going to get out of the rut I've dug myself into, a depressing message from our friends in Great Britain, What a message to spread throughout the world, especially with Russia's little dictator, Pootie, rearranging the world's borders to suit his own determination to rebuild the Russian Empire, just like it used to be. Depressing.

What happened to the flight that disappeared without a trace? The families that were closest to the missing folks are depressed and going crazy with chaos and confusion that a big-assed plane like that could disappear. Maybe Australia can find something.... maybe, just maybe. Depressing it is...

Gawd! this reply is not only long and meaningless but it's too friggin' depressing.

Later, dear readers... later...

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » March 20th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Still hope, but
What are the chances we will make the needed changes right now.
The two key solutions are to reduce economic inequality so as to ensure fairer distribution of resources, and to dramatically reduce resource consumption by relying on less intensive renewable resources and reducing population growth:

"Collapse can be avoided and population can reach equilibrium if the per capita rate of depletion of nature is reduced to a sustainable level, and if resources are distributed in a reasonably equitable fashion."

The NASA-funded HANDY model offers a highly credible wake-up call to governments, corporations and business - and consumers - to recognise that 'business as usual' cannot be sustained, and that policy and structural changes are required immediately.
What are the chances of that happening, our government has so many more pressing issues, like the war against terrorism.

I am a sick puppy, sarcasm cheers me up :|
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 20th, 2014, 8:01 pm

still.trucking wrote:
I am a sick puppy, sarcasm cheers me up :|

I was talking to an old friend today who said : "I feel alive when I'm angry and pissed off.."

sarcasm and anger have their good points, eh?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 23rd, 2014, 11:33 pm

There is plenty to cheer me up these days. I especially enjoy to see the architects of our recent wars on Sunday morning TV talk shows giving their sage advice on what Obama is doing wrong.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”