Letting the frustration out - Rant 4.04.18

What in the world is going on?
mtmynd

Letting the frustration out - Rant 4.04.18

Post by mtmynd » April 4th, 2018, 9:11 pm

Political Rant – April 4, 2018 :: Letting the frustration out

A sure sign the erratic behavior of DJT is real - he is inept and incapable of being presidential. A man out of his element that is desperately shuffling the cards in search of finding something... anything to ensure the public that he IS capable. In so doing he is only exposing more and more of his weaknesses... the United States is NOT and never will be a profit seeking business that raids its own people to satisfy the wealthiest.

In this day and age people need to accept the FACT monetary wealth is not (and never was) a sign of brilliance. It is only a fact of luck and/or skill appeasing the masses needs or wants that creates wealth, not brilliance and far from wisdom that's never successful at running a Nation of the People, for the People and of the People. Never for the exclusivity of a few which only will become the horror of an oligarchy or worse, a plutocracy.

The sign that DJT is favoring an oligarchy (his obvious admiration of (Ras)Putin) over the will of the people, believing it is the right and duty for the wealthiest to be in charge due to their "intelligence" at accumulating their wealth is falsely misleading countries that have the wealthiest in leadership.

The wealthiest have democracy in their sights as an unnecessary theory that weakens their own belief in the power of wealth versus the power of the people. When these same people gain more and more power they foolishly (where is that "brilliance"?) are stirring the fiery pot of resentment by the people which always ends in revolutions to cast the powerful from their "self-created Throne of Power".

Those in power actually assume they are god-like. Why else would their god(s) select them to the leadership they assume? We can see this in DJT, especially when he actually states he will be in office at least for 8 years! He is trouble for Democracy. He is trouble for America. He is trouble for We the People.

America is not and never should be a mere stage for any one human being to play the part of a Leader. To allow that to occur is to invite stupidity into the arena of our Constitutionally created Nation by the wisdom of the Founding Fathers and NOT at the will of the wealthiest of those Fathers. Let us not allow this farce of a man, a man who declares himself not only "smart" but "very, very smart" to continue his assault on our Country. To giving him another chance in hopes that he will somehow change into a wonderful, caring and lovable President of the People and for the People is a pipe dream of the current leading (R) Party who has dreamed of this final ascent of power they assume is absolute danger to our Democracy.

[enough]

Cecil B. Lee

mnaz

Re: Letting the frustration out - Rant 4.04.18

Post by mnaz » April 5th, 2018, 9:13 pm

The guy seems to be in over his head. There are global forces at work more powerful than nationalism, tribalism and the politics of old. I read an interesting article on that concept today (posted).

mnaz

Post by mnaz » May 1st, 2018, 12:21 am

And yet, and yet!... A Nobel Peace Prize surfacing... I honestly don't know what that word means anymore. Did it ever mean much?

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 1st, 2018, 9:27 am

If Henry Kissinger got one, why not President Tweet?
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

mnaz

Post by mnaz » May 1st, 2018, 2:05 pm

And Obama too! Wheeee!...

saw

Post by saw » May 4th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Wealthy Elites Rule the World
always been that story, carved
into rock and well we be the sheep
cuz they got the dough and the big guns
and they are part of a club that doesn't
allow our kind...No Working Slobs Allowed !
also you got wear a shirt and shoes
'cause despite your status on the totem pole
Well...We Make the Rules...so Do It !
It helps if you think of the prez the way
you think of Al Capone and John Gotti
close your eyes and imagine the country
with Frank Nitti as top dog in the White House
with Lucky Luciano as VP and Carlo Gambino
as Secretary of State....ok...open your eyes
did that help ?
No need to over analyze this
Mobsters are trying to ruin the country...oops
I meant run the country...I stuck an extra eye in there
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 5th, 2018, 8:38 am

saw wrote:
May 4th, 2018, 5:26 pm

No need to over analyze this
Mobsters are trying to ruin the country...oops
I meant run the country...I stuck an extra eye in there
Altho what you wrote here has some merit, how does one holding that to be the facts justify voting?

Do we as "the sheep" completely turn the country over to the mobsters? DO we teach our children that
there's no need to vote, to use their right to the freedoms bestowed upon us?

Defeatist attitudes are infectious and contaminate the American mind, just what the oligarchy has been waiting for -
total control and why not, they, "We the People" really don't care knowing their votes are useless.

Victory for the Oligarchs! Hooray, hooray, hoo-fucking-ray...
we can now all be sheep and have our elite continue their assault on ourselves.
We don't care as long as we get cable t.v. and beer enough to drown our misery.

saw

Post by saw » May 5th, 2018, 10:20 am

A lot of truth in what you say when you refer to cable and beer money for sure,
americans have slowly become addicted to our creature comforts to the point
many don't have much fight in them....the electronic amusement industry booms...
just heard a general say three quarters of the population between 18 and 24
would not even qualify for a job in the military ( damn,,,that was the go-to job)
when all else failed...because of poor education, health problems, drug use and
criminal records most young folks would not qualify

I think getting more people to vote could have some impact...been very encouraged
about all the 18 year olds registering as a result of the last shooting in florida...certainly
getting back the house would help a little....but the system in place is rigged so heavily
in favor of the millionaire class the changes in most peoples lives would be minimal..
Capitalism, with it's promise to all that work hard is a scam....most of the new jobs
are service work jobs...fast food , maids, WalMart greeters....Do I wish manufacturing
would come back ?....sure...but the fix is in....Corporations want cheap foreign labor

my rant was simply a way of explaining the current administration....what i was saying
was forget about the details...accept that these people are criminals...voila...there's your answer
Not suggesting we give up...throw in the towel...but without a massive surge of involvement
we can expect more of the same....this complacency of the population to jam up the works
has been going on a good while now...once again we have to turn to our electronic distractions
to explain citizens reluctance to protest....there are some signs with teachers walking out
around the country....but a general strike is what we really need...and I don't see that happening any time soon

my attitude is not defeatist...I extract as much joy as any man can from my daily life
and I do it consciously ...with intention and purpose....I sacrifice for others in need...I share what I have...
and if I see a crowd of people demonstrating I join them.....I vote, locally...and when there is a decent
presidential candidate....Hillary and Donald did not inspire me....but Bernie was saying something a little different
he had captured the imagination of many disenfranchised younger people, but he got fucked by his own party..
I don't know what will wake people up...in 25 years as a shop steward I couldn't get a single employee
to even come to a union meeting...I printed my own newsletter and they threw it in the trash before they read it

Sure they'd look me up when management set them up for unwarranted discipline...and 90% of the time
I'd get them off....never got a thank you....never changed someones mind about attending a meeting to learn
how to protect themselves in the future....a contract is a beautiful thing...it's all spelled out....you can do this...we can do that
but to a boss the contract gets in the way of them running over you with a Mack truck...so the contact....is something
that needs to violated...this management approach is widespread....workers are abused on a daily basis...because bonuses
come only to those that can levy the pain and bring in the artificial numbers...

wish i had the all the answers....as I said I try to live a moral life...and I'm ready with this beat up old body
to do what I can...I encourage my kids to get involved...and they do....but not so sure about the masses

mnaz

Post by mnaz » May 5th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Voting is increasingly useless. Witness the 2016 "election." Hillary was hoary. Maybe some semi-credible candidates please? Jeezus...

saw

Post by saw » May 6th, 2018, 9:18 am

https://www.splicetoday.com/writing/don ... E.facebook

Damn...one of my FB "friends" posted this....seemed to fit into the discussion

mnaz

Post by mnaz » May 6th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Over the top, but yeah, to the point. (I especially liked "sawdust heads"... that was good.)

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”