big lie continues

What in the world is going on?
winddance

big lie continues

Post by winddance » April 12th, 2024, 11:19 am

Lara trump said "Does anyone actually believe that in 2020, 81 million people were so inspired by a guy [Biden] who could only get 10 people [to attended events] … that he had the most massive turnout in the history of elections? No, we don’t believe that.”

I don't believe it either. I think 81 million people turned out to vote against trump.
I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.
e e cummings

sasha

Re: big lie continues

Post by sasha » April 13th, 2024, 12:58 pm

her father-in-law said COVID would just "go away on its own" - he failed to mention the 400,000+ Americans it would take with it. He said that no one in history has suffered as much abuse as he has. I suspect residents of Auschwitz & Buchenwald might disagree with him. He said Mexico would pay for a 1500-mile border wall that never got built, and we paid for what little was done. He said he'd hire only the best, most of whom he fired for various levels of incompetence, several of whom have been criminally charged. He said he'd replace the ACA with the most beautiful healthcare anyone's ever seen - where is it?

His greatest accomplishment has to be empowering a demographic underbelly that includes treasonous right-wing militias and a strident American taliban intent on returning us to the good old days of slavery, first-nation genocide, and misogynistic repression. Way to go, Donnie. Way to fucking go.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

saw

Post by saw » April 15th, 2024, 9:43 am

tragically sad, truth no longer is important to a large slice of the world
No Sir, give me spectacle and the biggest lies you can invent
because I forgot how to read, forgot how to care, forgot the reasons why autocracy is a bad thing
it'a zero sum game played by psychopathic pretenders with orange hair and spray-on tans leading the way
to misery for the masses..........
ironically the masses are complcit
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sasha

Post by sasha » April 15th, 2024, 12:43 pm

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public" - unknown (often misattributed to PT Barnum; possibly paraphrasing HL Mencken)

The rise of AI and its inevitable misuse are making it even easier to evade accountability - "I never said that!" And the tragedy (for me anyway) is that I don't think its boosters are inherently evil - just hopelessly naive and unaware. The apocalypse won't come from calculated villainy, but garden-variety stupidity....
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

winddance

Post by winddance » April 15th, 2024, 8:38 pm

my garden grows
flowers and garlic
let's hope
that the weeds of stupidity
won't grow here
I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.
e e cummings

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”