Sensitive Cultural Question

What in the world is going on?
hester_prynne

Sensitive Cultural Question

Post by hester_prynne » July 13th, 2005, 4:51 pm

I've been doing a little temp home health care job for the past few weeks, and sometimes the son-in-law will be there while i'm tending to my elder. He lives there, but he's not always there when I am. Anyway, when he's there, he watches tv on the couch and he does this with his hand down his pants, very obviously holding on to his weiner!
:D :oops:
I spoke to a girlfriend of mine, and she said that this is normal behavior for men?
Is this true? Where the hell have I been?
I've never really seen this before, until now, I mean, it's harmless I suppose, but i've just never been around this, and I wonder, first of all, is it normal? Do guys do this? Why?
The mom-in-law I take care of just shakes her head about it...rolls her eyes.
I've seen little boys hold themselves, I remember my nephews used to do it when they were 4 or 5, or maybe younger, much to my sister's chagrin, but I've never seen a grown man engage in this while watching action flicks, with other folks, like me and his mom in law in the room.
Is it like, an insecurity thing? It seems kind of sad. Like there is sadness around it. That's what I sense anyway.
No offense intended. I'm just really curious.
H 8)

knip

Post by knip » July 13th, 2005, 5:12 pm

i do it all the time...my wife rolls her eyes...i don't think it's sad at all...i just like scratching them, etc...i think it means i'm more in touch with my body, or something like that :)

but i certainly wouldn't do it with company in the house

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » July 13th, 2005, 5:25 pm

Huh.
Well i'll be!

Learn somethin new everyday.....!

H 8)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 13th, 2005, 7:06 pm

geezzzzzzzzzz

Did an agency send you there?

If so, tell the agency this man is making you uncomfortable.

I definitely do not think it's right for the man to be holding his cock in front of you....(even if he's polite enough to keep it in his pants.)

I've never had a man in my life who had a habit of putting his hand in his pants all the time. I'll echo your learn something new every day. I've had men want to put MY hand in their pants quite often, however.

I'm sure I wouldn't feel comfortable going to work in your situation.

If contacting your agent doesn't work, maybe you could say something to the man himself. Like maybe, "I'd change the station for you, if you'd like. But first, I need to know if you have touched the remote control."

lol

Or... "Don't you need two hands to turn the pages of the TV Guide?"

Or you could put your hand down your own pants to show him how it looks. Wait. No! Don't do that! That might be what he wants.

This is definitely not a practice that a polite man would take up when there is company in the house. Like knip said.

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » July 14th, 2005, 12:19 am

Ah, so that's why he has his own remote.....heh.

No really, It's not that it makes me uncomfortable really, it's not like that. I just thought it was odd.

It's more like I said too, it seems sad, a sort of inconsolable isolation or something. It's like watching a grown person suck their thumb.

I'm only there a few hours a week, seems like it is something they tolerate as normal, though I know it disgusts the lady I'm working for. (Mom in law)

Besides maybe he just feels comfortable around me, like i'm not company or something. :D
I still just think it's odd that guys do it! In company, or not.
:shock:
H 8)

knip

Post by knip » July 14th, 2005, 5:53 am

miss prynne

it pains me to see you so confused by this habit of some males...you obviously have some level of discomfort with your own body, or else you wouldn't find it so strange that a man could be in touch with his own so much...we men have come a long way over the years and are poised to sprout into the new millenium as sensitive humans in touch with ourselves, yet you seek to dampen our upwelling of sensitivity through publicizing your own discomfort...i say this should stop, lest a single male be dissuaded from self-discovery in this vein...you are setting back progress, young lady, and clearly you are jealous that you don't have a dick of your own with which to play

:twisted: :shock: :)

Traveller13

Post by Traveller13 » July 14th, 2005, 8:36 am

I saw a couple of guys do it.
I used to do it myself once or twice, but only when alone.

Hester & Doreen, I agree with Knip on this one.
I blame the Judeo-Christian brainwashing program for that.
lol
putting your hand down your pants is bad, talking about your sexual organs is bad, walking around naked is bad, showing your boobies in public is bad (except when you're breastfeding) (and there are countries that even think that even breastfeeding is bad)

All that because a bunch of wannabe neo-pagans started chipping penises off statues and making a hoopla out of the garden of eden thing.

What I find the most intriguing, is that it's okay to do it, as long as you don't do it around anyone.
For example, it's okay for you girls to talk about tampons or period problems, it's perfectly natural, but ewww just don't yeesh do it when I'm in the same erg room.

I mean, if it's okay for a baby to play with it's thingie, sexually or non-sexually, why won't it be okay for everyone else? Does it put anyone's lives at risk?
[i]~"Open your eyes, and open your eyes again"[/i]

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » July 14th, 2005, 9:45 am

:wink:

I will be watching this thread with much interest!!!!! :roll:

I am a voyeure!!!! :shock:

Perhaps he's waiting for you to ask him "How's it hanging?" One must be ready for a quick response!

Patting his package!!! There there. There there.

That sort of thingy!

Is there lots of movement? Uh....never mind I don't want to know!

Does his face look like this? :arrow: :lol: or like this :arrow: :P or like this :arrow: :wink:

:wink:
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 14th, 2005, 11:32 am

There's absolutely nothing wrong with putting your hands down your own pants.

I do it all the time. I love to do it.

The problem is putting your hands down your own pants in front of company.

Period.

I might enjoy watching television myself while rubbing my crotch and touching my breasts. But I'm certainly not going to tell you all about it if that's the case! lol

And when you come visit me? Guess what? I'm NOT going to do it in front of you! So there! :P

e_dog

Post by e_dog » July 14th, 2005, 12:44 pm

that's not the sort of thing one should do when there is company. especially, if you are working and if it makes you unconfortable -- hostile environment sexual harassment. sue 'em.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 14th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Perhaps he's waiting for you to ask him "How's it hanging?" One must be ready for a quick response!

dam your rodent brain
how did you know i was going to ask her that?

Knip I could not disagree more, there is a question of privacy here, I agree with Doreen I don't think it is 8) I am a voyeur too, but only when I want to be, not the thing I want to deal with at work all the time, not every woman has hester's macabre curiosity.

Back in bobtown, some of my advesaries would always grabbing their crotch when we be talking. Never figured that out, just a guy thing, or maybe they thought I was gay. I don't grab my crotch in public, not that I am aware of. But I did get on a bus in Annahem once with my fly open. The bus driver called me :Flash.

knip

Post by knip » July 14th, 2005, 4:09 pm

s/t...perhaps you missed me saying this:

but i certainly wouldn't do it with company in the house

YABYUM

oh boy....

Post by YABYUM » July 14th, 2005, 4:35 pm

a grown man rubbing his shaft while the health aid is in the same room? thats fucking wrong. but if you're not uncomfortable, i guess he shouldnt be. i have this freind of mine, jr, he's constantly rubbing his cock. we'll be having a conversation and he'll just start grabbing his rod, completely unaware he's doing it. its actually become a lasting joke in our circle of friends. i literally have to say "dude, let go of your dick". I've seen him perform the old "shift and speak" while conversing with women, and they dont seem to mind. in fact, jay has nailed more women than i can keep track of. i guess it depends on the woman.
me, i dont really ever touch my cock and balls unless its time for a little self love, or in the case of an itch. i would surely never, ever sit in front of the television with my hand down south if the house was occupied by anyone except me, or my girlfreind(s).

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 14th, 2005, 5:01 pm

Back in the day...... the bar days.... there was this guy who came up to me and said, "Wanna see me nuts?" and I laughed and shook my head no, but he still took both of his fingers and made the crazy signs with his fingers.... like this

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » July 14th, 2005, 6:05 pm

Wow! Great to read all these responses. Thank you.

"a macabre sense of curiosity..." I like that, although I have to say i'm mystified. Perhaps, I should have just kept my mouth shut? I guess I just think asking questions, especially about this kind of thing is progress (knip),......especially when I just plain don't know what to do, or better put, how to react....

Like I said, I'm not uncomfortable with it....fact is, i like the man alot, he is about as good hearted and funny as they get! It just struck me as odd is all, i've never really seen that kind of action before and I figured it'd be cool to ask about it here. And it seems to be sad to me, like he was sad.... and I care about these people very much, they are really good to me. I don't want to not work there! I like the job alot.

He doesn't try to "come on" or anything at all like that. He just watches tv and sometimes falls asleep fondling himself......totally harmless, albeit kinda shocking for me because i'm not used to it, plus I don't know this man that well. But I'm more than willing to recondition myself....I think, after reading your responses.

I'm really sorry if I offended anyone.
Like I said, sometimes I just don't know what to think, or how to conduct myself, so I ask.

I also worry about being misread in this kind of situation myself! I don't care if a guy puts his hands on his dick and fondles himself...but just don't anyone blame me for it, because I happen to be in the room too.
If it's just a harmless, ODD, sort of behavior, i can deal with it as long as no one starts pointing a finger at me because i'm dealing with it on the job, by looking the other way, in the same room.

I think really, it should be done in private, simply because it can bring up such a quandry for folks on all sides.
But in hell they want ice water too, that don't mean they git it....

I need every hour of work I can get. A little harmless dick fondling by my employer needn't stand in my way, right?
H 8)

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”