Site Admin

Post by judih » February 5th, 2005, 2:07 pm

i don't see the leaves, either.
but i believe they're there

gorgeous feast for the eyes

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » February 5th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Sexy flower ooooooooooo!!!! He He!!!!
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 8th, 2009, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 6th, 2005, 11:53 am

thanks, judih & dave!
here's the sexy callalily... ;)

posting it here because I'm changing the banner soon. :D

deb suggested i put these all in one spot so you can see them all together... maybe i'll do that ... hmmm

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 7th, 2005, 4:23 am

I thought it was a bus, but now I think it must be a metro train.

I love the sounds of trains going by my shack, I grew up with them in Mobtown running all around. Last time I was in DC was sometime after metro first opened, Barney Circle dinner was one of my favorite places in choclate town. But they tore it down for the metro station there. We are all bozos on this buss.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » February 8th, 2005, 4:24 pm

i love the texture.
it's absolutely where i'd land barefoot and ready to explore

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 8th, 2005, 9:59 pm

These are the banners we've had up top the past couple of days.

First, Still, it was bennie's train that I used over the weekend... yeah, looks like a subway train. Somewhere above in this thread, there's reference to the image. Thanks again, bennie!

Then, I figured I'd go backwards in time... these were the people waiting for the train. From a photo I took in the DC metro system.

And this, from the same photo... the same people's feet... waiting... for the train.

Then this one is the one that's up now that judih's referring to. Thanks, judih! We're all just little grains of sand coming together to become a texture...... So, I guess all those people got to their destination and got out and walked on the beach! heh... I like making stories up. This is a photo I took last summer when I was at the shore.

I'd like to make an image/wordjam forum.... and have the next word jam there, next Friday, Feb 18th... judih, I'll post a thread about this so we can talk about how it might work.

Thanks all!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 9th, 2005, 10:49 am

I used to love walking on the beach with her, I would stop and look back at our footsteps side by side. Then one day I looked back and there was only my foot prints. Life is still a beach for me.

I been having second thoughts about the jams, I am going to wait for one that welcomes jelly fish and slugs, and people who have a fondness for blueberry jam.

I am going to go gone.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » February 12th, 2005, 4:28 pm

perfect touch,doreen! perfect!
marxism
Marx Is 'm

we all need to be in a Marx Bros picture
black and white
funny
and smooth

perfect
thanks

good night
off to a lucid dream involving sunsets, waves and comedy

judih

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 12th, 2005, 4:36 pm

I just finished watching Nurse Betty, now I know where her expression comes from.. 8) yes groucho the last of the red hot lovers

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 12th, 2005, 4:38 pm

hehe... thanks, judih!

We may make it a Marx Bros. weekend. Alicia saw the banner and didn't know who they were! Sounds like a trip to Blockbusters is in order. This photo is from "A Day at the Races."

We could all use a little humor. I dig the appropos looks on their faces.

Let's not Harpo on all the Grouches and move on and laugh, ok?

Here's a *kiss* on the Chico. G'night!

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » February 12th, 2005, 4:41 pm

beep 'beep'

that's where the roadrunner got it from - our harp -O!

nite

judih

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 14th, 2005, 10:47 am

Eye twisting,

bennie

Post by bennie » February 14th, 2005, 12:24 pm

this love heart one is one of my favourites so far. I love that deep blue colour.

Who did this one?

I don't like the loveheart though. Bloody valentines day cliched garbage. A dozen red roses and a romantic meal...

I have some jazz records* to get through and a microwave meal for one.

Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool (a bit tame, I'd like something a bit more ouch and owww on the old ears)

Charlie Parker - Boss Bird box set (not too keen on this so far. I only browsed through the cds a bit. there's ornithology, bluebird, parker's mood and my little suede shoes. I don't know if these are actual albums but the music isn't the kind of experimental show off jazz I'd expected from this era.)

I'll get this whole jazz thing right one day.

I keep buying albums that my gran would like. I want the top shelf jazz that crumbles apathy and instead I have a collection (other than love supreme and ah um) that would soathe a daffodill on its death bed.
well I write music review so I do:
http://www.elevationstation.net

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 14th, 2005, 1:03 pm

Hey bennie - I used to always hate Valentines Day, too.... I thought it was a hallmark holiday.... Love should be celebrated every day... but I know what it's like not to have romantic love in my life so I totally identify with your comments, and all that jazz. Jazz works. It's good to love jazz..... ;)

I did the banner. I started with an illustration of the Queen of Hearts which I had on my computer from a project I did for my daughter's school when they were all playing various literary characters. Then, I distorted it, cropped it, recolored it in Photoshop and there you have it!

You're right... the heart was especially for the holiday. Hey, you should read the history of Valentine's Day on the Love Poem thread in Creative Writing. They used to pick names out of a jar! Imagine that! We should try that again, huh? :D

--------------

Still - happy to bend yer mind a little. :) er, no, I mean happy to twist yer eye! :)

Thanks, y'all... gotta catch up putting past ones I've used on this thread. I missed the Marx Bros and one or two more. Can't remember.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 14th, 2005, 2:04 pm

yeah sorry about that :oops: it was her blue eyes that set me off on the erotic ramble.

the twisting of the eyes comes from ear lobe with thunderbird, in lower oval of the eight. almost another face if you look at it as nose with lips and chin, the blue maybe a torquoise bird nose jewell

but like I say I am going through the nicotine DT's,

Return to “Banners”