experiments

A short attention span of varying degrees

Moderator: neologistic

neologistic
Site Tech Support

experiments

Post by neologistic » December 28th, 2010, 4:41 pm

Hello, there, it seems you have stumbled into the secret chamber behind the library bookcase in my dilapidated abode of epically abandoned proportions, or rather, epically portioned reckless abandon of obscure experiments, but that doesn't rhyme.

Oh, this? Pay no attention to the sentient entity behind the curtain, or the curtain or even this room, just testing grounds for experiments in whatever.

Close your eyes and run screaming back to the foyer due to all these laboratorical horrors, or grab a vial or three and help me see what we can chemistry.

Sky's the limit? No, please, let's have a limitless supply of you and I exploring indefinitely, however we fancy.

Stay tuned for my own latest experiments, and participate if you like, make your own experiments for me and we to engage in, or just get the Hell out while the gettin's good.

Sometimes these word vials and paint jars and explorative surgeries in dance and even thought can have explosive reactions, mind you. You mind? I don't. Wit happens.

Confused? Just stay tuned, may take some time for it to make sense what I'm trying to do here, at least that's what I'm hoping for myself because frankly I'm just as lost as you are.

:roll:

SadLuckDame

Re: Velcome to Ze La-bore-uh-tori

Post by SadLuckDame » December 28th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Looking around at all the poetry above the sofa, the intrinsic smudged faces on each portrait hung adoring in the nooks of crannies and what a spread of hot food, steaming the stove top, all seems inviting. I've brought a satchel with scented candles, flavor vanilla and baked cookie, one hinted Cinnamon, if you don't mind it I'll light them up on the shelving, on the counters, we can watch the flame and the shadows.

Nice to be in your art loft, I'm grateful for art-blogs and the personal items simmering or simpering within.

Good to see you, neo.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » December 28th, 2010, 5:26 pm

"an i.e., if e.g. can be like a simile"

or

"just a sample example of what was aforely rambled"

TEST LABORATORY EXPERIMENT NUMBER ONE

STATUS: THIS EXPERIMENT IS CURRENTLY OPEN, SIMPLY REPLY TO THIS THREAD PER BELOW INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTICIPATE.

AKA: "PICTURE HAIKU"

MEDIA: VISUAL IMAGES

NOTES: THIS EXPERIMENT IS TOYING WITH THE COMMONLY USED SYLLABLE COUNT OF ENGLISH HAIKU (5-7-5). INSTEAD OF USING WORDS, THE PICTURE HAIKU CONSISTS OF 5 SMALL PICTURES ALIGNED HORIZONTALLY, THEN 7, AND THEN 5.

POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS: THIS EXPERIMENT MAY INDUCE INCREASED CONNECTIONS BETWEEN IMAGERY NOT NORMALLY EXPLORED IN VERBAL HAIKU, MAY INSPIRE NEW WAYS ON LOOKING AT TRADITIONAL WRITTEN HAIKU, AND MAY JUST SIMPLY BE FUN.

INSTRUCTIONS ON USAGE: ARRANGE INDIVIDUAL IMAGES TOGETHER ALL IN ONE IMAGE AS DIRECTED ABOVE AND VISUALLY EXAMPLED BELOW:

photo credits

1st line
1st "syllable" 2nd "syllable" 3rd "syllable" 4th "syllable" 5th "syllable"

2nd line
1st "syllable" 2nd "syllable" 3rd "syllable" 4th "syllable" 5th "syllable" 6th "syllable" 7th "syllable"

3rd line
1st "syllable" 2nd "syllable" 3rd "syllable" 4th "syllable" 5th "syllable"

Feel free to post your own Image Ku, post art jamming with posted Image Ku, or whatever you want. :D
Attachments
time_will_heal.png

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » December 28th, 2010, 5:28 pm

SLD, please make yourself at home, thank you for your kind openness.

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » January 5th, 2011, 12:25 pm

TEST LABORATORY EXPERIMENT NUMBER YOUTUBEDOUBLER

STATUS: THIS EXPERIMENT IS CURRENTLY OPEN, SIMPLY REPLY TO THIS THREAD PER BELOW INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTICIPATE.

AKA: "VIDEO MASHUPS"

MEDIA: VIDEO/SOUND (YOUTUBE VIDEOS)

NOTES: THIS EXPERIMENT IS TOYING LINING UP YOUTUBE VIDEOS. WITH THE YOUTUBEDOUBLER, ONE CAN MIX AUDIO FROM TWO DIFFERENT VIDEOS, WITH BOTH VIDEOS PLAYING ON THE SCREEN. VOLUMES CAN BE ADJUSTED, AND SOME CUSTOM SYNCING ALLOWED.

LINKS: HTTP://WWW.YOUTUBEDOUBLER.COM

POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS: THIS EXPERIMENT MAY INDUCE SEIZURES.

INSTRUCTIONS ON USAGE: INSERT TWO YOUTUBE LINKS INTO YOUTUBEDOUBLER, STAND BACK.

SAMPLE: http://youtubedoubler.com/1Xx2

Feel free to post your own YouTubeDoubler, post art jamming with posted YouTubeDoublers, or whatever you want. :D

Return to “A New Kind Of Random”