REPEATING THE LOG-IN PROCESS AFTER LOGGING IN?

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
Zlatko Waterman

REPEATING THE LOG-IN PROCESS AFTER LOGGING IN?

Post by Zlatko Waterman » October 27th, 2006, 9:56 am

Dear Doreen:

Something must be amiss with the log-in software here.

1. For months now, when I check the "log me in automatically each time" box, the machine ignores me completely. I have to log in afresh each time. I have grown used to this "feature."

but

2. More alarmingly, when I DO log in each time, I can read posts, but not post myself. For that, I have to log in again, and again, and again each time I post ( after I have ALREADY logged in . . .and should BE logged in still). This can grow a trifle irritating.

3. About six months ago, all features, including the "remember me each time . . ." ( it did) were working perfectly. I was never asked to log in all over again each time I made a post. That nagging can become particularly disturbing when I'm posting a number of images to the Zlatkomix Studio.

Any ideas?

"cookies are enabled" on my machine, and, as I said, the whole mechanism and protocol worked perfectly a few months ago.

--Z

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 28th, 2006, 10:50 am

I don't know what the problem is, Zlatko. Sorry. I have to log in 2x every time myself.

This has been ongoing. Some people have no problem with logging in. Others have to log in 2x. I'm sorry it isn't working right.

I'm hoping my son will be here at Christmas time to help with upgrading the software again. That's the only solution I can think of. Hopefully that will also help with the new influx of bots.

As you know this is Open Source (free) software and I am, unfortunately, ignorant of technological fixes. If I go to the phpBB help forum, the first thing they will tell me is to upgrade my software. We try to run current versions but new versions continually come out so I do the best I can because every time I try to upgrade it myself, I screw it up and need assistance.

You might try clearing the cookies for Studio Eight then hitting the site again. Go to your browser preferences advanced settings and find cookies. Delete every line that references Studio Eight. Then hit the site again after you've done that. That should reset your cookies for this site. I hope that works. If not? I don't have any answers and I'm sorry.

Basically, I'm just a person who wants to write, paint, recite, sing and play the piano. My expertise is limited to the extent of pushing "install" on my host's server. Sigghhh..

Now if that makes you feel like this iste is not managed by a person who is suited to the job, you'd be right. If you know anybody who is technologically adept and wants to help out here, please refer him or her to me. I can pay them the same exact amount I make. ;) .. but I would be indebted, as would we all... for what that's worth.

love,
d

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » October 28th, 2006, 11:34 am

The person who manages this site is one of my favorite people in the world.

Thanks for the information, Doreen. I'll try. But for now, I can still use the board and that pleases me very much.

More soon, one of my favorite persons,

--Z

panta rhei

Post by panta rhei » October 28th, 2006, 11:35 am

no logging-in problems here....

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » October 28th, 2006, 11:52 am

Yes Doreen. I have meant to mention that I too have been having trouble signing on, having to do it several times until it takes. It is intermitent. Sometimes no problem. Sometimes several times. For many months now. It is not much of a problem but something is definately wrong.
Should have mentioned it earlier.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » October 29th, 2006, 7:12 am

Like panta rhei no problem with logging in for me!!!!
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 20th, 2009, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 29th, 2006, 9:19 am

OK. Thanks all. Putting on my troubleshooting-by-logic hat.

From the few replies here, it appears that since some don't have any problem logging on and some do, it's not a problem with the software, it's a problem with how the user's browser is handling the code.

So, my best suggestion to those who are having log-in problems would be what I said before to Zlatko ...

Try going into your browser's advanced settings, find the cookie settings and delete all the cookie references to Studio Eight. Then hit the site again which will reset the cookies.

I'm going to try it myself since I have to log-in 2x, too. I'm using Safari (a Mac browser). When I used to use Internet Explorer for Mac, I had no log-in problems. (I don't use that any more since they quit developing it and I got hooked on the great features Safari has)... I just have to find my cookies!!!! ;) I know where the settings are in IE but not in Safari. I'll let you know if my theory works after I try it myself. Let me know if it works for you, please. Thanks!

(and Zlatko? You're one of my favorite people, too. :))

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 29th, 2006, 9:28 am

hehe

BOOM! Voila! Worked for me.

First I logged out. Then I found my cookies... (security area of preferences) .... deleted all my cookies for Studio Eight... Hit the site again & logged in.

And I only had to log in once and it worked.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » October 29th, 2006, 11:56 am

Hmmm you think getting the Cookie Monster to come in and eat all the cookies will help at solving this problem????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 20th, 2009, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 29th, 2006, 12:34 pm

LOL!!!

yeah, I thought so ... when I posted that last post

but guess what? I had to log in 2x to get in this time... again

so who knows?

Darn Cookie Monster... I thought he'd solved the whole problem but I guess not.

sighhhh

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 9th, 2006, 7:19 pm

big time troubles for wired me...but now i'm back in...fingers crossed....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Return to “Help & Feedback”