replying to certain parts of a thread.....

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
sonofthesun

replying to certain parts of a thread.....

Post by sonofthesun » September 18th, 2008, 4:02 am

is the only way to do that is to say at the beginning of your post....
is there anyway to make it that you are just responding to one person, im guessing no as it hasnt happened yet, there is no way to tier responses?
was nice on l k
There is no empty space

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: replying to certain parts of a thread.....

Post by Doreen Peri » September 18th, 2008, 7:10 am

sonofthesun wrote:is the only way to do that is to say at the beginning of your post....
is there anyway to make it that you are just responding to one person, im guessing no as it hasnt happened yet, there is no way to tier responses?
was nice on l k
Yes. See how I quoted you here?

If you find the particular post you want to reply to in the thread, push the QUOTE button to reply and the software will create the code for quoting the text in that particular post.

Then just type your message following the quoted area. You'll see when you try it.

(Oh and yeah, people use the quote function quite often ... it's happened before. ;))

As far as the comparison to LK's software from years back and this software, no, there's no way to change it so it appears like an outline like that. I wish there were a way but unfortunately no. So, use the quote function and then it will be clear who and what you're addressing.

sonofthesun

Re: replying to certain parts of a thread.....

Post by sonofthesun » September 20th, 2008, 3:46 am

doreen peri wrote:
sonofthesun wrote:is the only way to do that is to say at the beginning of your post....
was nice on l k
Yes. See how I quoted you here?

If you find the particular post you want to reply to in the thread, push the QUOTE button to reply and the software will create the code for quoting the text in that particular post.

Then just type your message following the quoted area. You'll see when you try it.

(Oh and yeah, people use the quote function quite often ... it's happened before. ;))

As far as the comparison to LK's software from years back and this software, no, there's no way to change it so it appears like an outline like that. I wish there were a way but unfortunately no. So, use the quote function and then it will be clear who and what you're addressing.

did this work....know i know....sorry for my ineptitude
There is no empty space

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 20th, 2008, 9:00 am

It was close. But all of what was said before wasn't inside the quote code. Looks like you removed the closing quote code.

Let's try it again. It sort of makes it more difficult when you're quoting a post that already has a quote in it. Give it another try, OK, to reply to this post of mine? This is practice. You're not inept... !!! Try again.

Here's how to do it
Try quoting this post of mine. And then reply to it after the quote. Push the quote button instead of the reply button. Then you'll see the quote code on your posting window with what I said inside of it. You'll see. It will look like this ... (but without the spaces)

[ quote ] what i said to you [/ quote]

AFTER all the text on the posting window, post what you want to say back to me.

Return to “Help & Feedback”