Board format

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
e_dog

Board format

Post by e_dog » December 29th, 2004, 1:00 am

what happended to the old front page of the board's section? it used to show all the boards under the main categories but now only shows one at a time (i.e. columnists).

the old way was better, enables one to see on a single page all the topics sections and their activity, recentness of new posts etc. but this way you have to click on several links in order to get the same informational content.

or is it just a temporary settings problems with my computer?
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » December 29th, 2004, 1:01 am

wait, now it seems to be back to normal. strange....
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 29th, 2004, 3:10 am

some changes have been made - new divisions and unions - i like it.

e-dog - please upload your green face. i miss it.

judih

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 29th, 2004, 1:13 pm

hi e-dog!

i was on the site last night when you posted this and couldn't figure out what you were referring to until I saw your second post.

my guess? your browser probably had a memory glitch or something and wasn't rendering the whole list, then with a refresh, it was fixed.

We do continually try to change *something*, though. Last night we changed the name of "guantanamo bay" to "fight club" and merged the two forums which were in that catagory into one. We also created an archives area and put the "election party" in there and locked it, since that event is old news. And we moved the "we're doing it online" into the community catagory. That's about it, i think.

When something is going on, I like to move what's going on up top and pretty soon we'll be doing the regularly scheduled jams here and at the scroll ( http://scroll.org ) - We're going to try it out and see how it goes.... so I wanted to put info about it up top. On days of the jams, i'll put the jams up top, too!

I hope everybody likes how it changes a little from time to time.

But the list of all forums will stay on one page.... we're not going to change that..

I'm thinking of making a buncha banners for the top and changing them from time to time .... a visual statement, a piece of artwork, something... to vary the visual experience. It's just an idea.

I agree with judih... I miss your avatar, too... it was a good one! We had a little glitch recently which wiped out the avatar directory. Sorry about that. Could you re-upload it? ;)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 30th, 2004, 12:02 am

ok.... 5 or 6 banners are now created so the rotation begins.... the goal? i'd like to create 100 of them so that every 3-4 days, the banner at the top changes...

we'll see what happens

just commenting to the idea of change... change is a good thing, right?

hope so! :D

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 30th, 2004, 12:08 am

yes, change engenders beginner's mind.

judih

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » December 30th, 2004, 3:25 pm

ALL ABOARD!!!! Get It???? Washington station I remember visiting it a long time ago!!!!

Return to “Help & Feedback”