Daily Banner

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
mudshark

Post by mudshark » May 15th, 2010, 7:01 pm

Thanx Dorri. Steve.
sure is nice to be takn' care of.

oh, and good job with the banners Mark. sucked me right in to the mode. gave me the old lit.kicker feeln'.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 15th, 2010, 7:11 pm

umm... Lasse... Mark Rothko died in 1970 so he won't be able to read your compliment. LOL! :shock:

(yer so cute)

mudshark

Post by mudshark » May 15th, 2010, 7:16 pm

oh. haha. well... i knew that. i believe his still with us, though. :)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » May 18th, 2010, 3:36 pm

I am more familiar with Peter Max than any other modern artist, except for Ansel Adams, the photographer. Are any of their pieces available by permission for banners? I know that Peter Max is around seventy and I don't know if Ansel Adams is still choogling or not.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 18th, 2010, 3:53 pm

Steve,

I'm not asking for permission. I'm not selling anything here. If any of the artists or artist estates want to sue me, they can try to get all the money I have which is none.

Haha.

But seriously, I AM a big stickler about copyright infringement law! Everyone here at Studio Eight knows that.

In my opinion using paintings by famous artists modified to the banner size, attributing the work to the artist with a credit at the bottom falls under Fair Use Copyright Law. We are not making any money on the banners and it serves as an ad for the artist's work because it has their name on it.

Please add Peter Max or any other artist you like to the thread I linked to in a previous post on this thread. Thanks!

PS - MOST of the banners in our banner collection show artwork by Studio Eight artists and photographers. This will be a small collection of banners displaying artwork by famous artists which I will rotate in. To see all the banners in the collection so far, click here:
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2390
(However that thread has not been updated in some time. There are about 20-30 banners... guessing... not shown yet on the thread. I'll update it as soon as I can)

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 5th, 2010, 11:59 pm

I'm thoroughly enjoying the banners. Truly!
This latest is making me feel extraordinary, just to look at it.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Help & Feedback”