Cleaning house?

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Cleaning house?

Post by Doreen Peri » April 29th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Hi all...

Many of the archived Image jams are missing most of the images which defeats their whole purpose. This is because studio eight doesn't have an upload feature and the images are hosted elsewhere.... then time goes by and people either delete their images or no longer host their images at that particular account, so the images aren't there any more.

I'd really like to clean house and remove the archived forums which look like a ghost town with so many missing images.

What do you think?

If I made an announcement giving people time to go copy their words before I deleted these archived forums, would that be OK with you all?
Last edited by Doreen Peri on April 29th, 2010, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 29th, 2010, 6:21 pm

I really have a liking for them, personally. Feels like a good spot to make-out or sneak off to and cause trouble or the dug-outs.
If they gots to go, could you leave em up with an announcement they're going for a day or so first? Just so I could flip through em a lil better firstly. :P
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 29th, 2010, 6:31 pm

What happened to my images was Geocities. They shut down and all my images that were stored there are gone. I am thinking about going back and putting the images on photobucket then updating the links.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 29th, 2010, 6:51 pm

It's not just your images, Jack. It's lots of people's images!

I asked this same thing before once and nobody wanted me to get rid of anything. LOL

so I'm not surprised....

So... everything stays....

But yeah, Jack, maybe if you could fix your own image links... I doubt most people would want to spend the time to do that, though! Thank you very much if you have time for that!

It's just an empty house.

It's too weird some of the threads.

Zlatkomix... there's nothing there... it's all gone... does anybody have a problem with me removing that? there are no photos in that whole forum I don't think. Norman must have moved his accounts, too. What a shame. I loved his artwork!

I'd like to find a techie to help me upgrade these forums to add an image upload feature.

If you guys know anybody who could help, let me know.

Thanks!

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 29th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Thanks much and much. :)
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 29th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Zlatkomix... there's nothing there... it's all gone... does anybody have a problem with me removing that?
I just took a look it is all there

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8253

and there

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8319

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8605

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8612

Please don't take my Zlatko away :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 29th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Wow! Last time I looked there was nothing there!

Maybe he came back and fixed his own links?

Or maybe it's other threads on there which have no images?

No, definitely I wouldn't remove that! I love his artwork!

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 29th, 2010, 8:22 pm

Just read and looked the threads over, one cool cat (that Zlatko) and nice with a pencil, a story and flawless character. Gotta love studio8, it's loaded.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Help & Feedback”