Feedback on new software - Post errors & questions here

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
SadLuckDame

Re: Feedback on new software - Post errors & questions here

Post by SadLuckDame » August 29th, 2010, 7:53 pm

Yes, I am too.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 29th, 2010, 8:42 pm

OK I see... just re-read jack's post... he said
When you hit reply to a post and logon
that's when it takes him back to the index page. I think this is how the software works, unfortunately since I go to another site that uses the same phpBB3 software and that's how it works there.

Try this
Log on FIRST.... when you first hit the site. Then browse the forum to find the threads you want to reply to and then that shouldn't happen.

In my opinion, they shouldn't even have a "reply" button visible if you're browsing as a Guest because Guests can't reply.... but that's not how it's set up, it seems.... there's a reply button you see when you're logged out.

I suspect it's the way the developers wrote the software which I agree, is a pain in the butt.

Please log on FIRST .... then browse, then reply.... then let me know if you have a problem. OK?

Thanks!

(I'll also take a look at the default Guest permissions... it's as if you are a Guest when you're logged out)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 29th, 2010, 9:35 pm

don´t worry: it´s not tomorrow yet...! :lol: But.... could you do me a favor please? If the site goes down again and you see an error message could you copy the entire error message and email it to me or post it right here on this thread when the site comes back up? Thank you!, Gracias to you, doreen!!. I´d read this thread after the error-cuadro appeared, I´ll copy what show up if it happens again! :wink:

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » August 29th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Doreen Peri wrote:Deb... <> I'll try to fix this particular post for you now... (removed) Too much information? Hope not! LOL ;)

BTW, that's a beautiful photo and would make a gorgeous banner for spring!
Not too much information at all Dor. Thank you so much for fixing my "opps." I feel bad having to make you do the extra work though, what with so many other things you're working on at the same time. Also, thank you for your kind compliment on my photo. It's from my front yard, I was practicing using my macro. Still have a lot to learn. And yes, please feel free to make it into a banner if you'd like.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 29th, 2010, 10:43 pm

yeah, it happened to me the same that happened to s-t!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 29th, 2010, 11:22 pm

Thanks, Arcadia! - It's supposed to be that way, I think... (what happened to 'trucking). Please log in first, then navigate and reply. Don't try to reply while not logged in or it will happen again. Also thanks for copying the error message if you see one again!

Deb... No problem at all... All of this is necessary. This is new software, even though it's an upgrade from the same type of software we used before, there are major big differences because we were running a version before that was OLD.. many versions.

This is a testing stage. It is expected that things will have to be fixed, resolved, figured out. I fixed your post by resizing your image and uploading it again. Took me 2 minutes. Not a problem.

I'm glad this happened actually because I couldn't figure out where "lightbox" was. That's a feature we used to have where the photo would fit in the page but you'd click it and it would open up larger to it's exact size with a black background. I think AC has that feature now. I was so used to that, I didn't know where it was!

Now, I've checked, because of this photo size post problem you have, and it looks like there is no "lightbox" software any more. (I don't think.. I can't find it) but I can set the parameters so that a thumbnail of whatever size I designate will fit in the window when you upload a photo larger than the posting window. Then, you click the thumbnail and it opens up full-size in a new window. I think that's how it works.

I'm not like some website owners who can do their upgrades overnight and then come on the site and tell everybody all the new features and everything works perfectly in the morning. This took a week.. LOL!!! And now we're all still testing it. That's what this thread is for and I thank you very much!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 30th, 2010, 7:24 pm

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User studioei_NEWphpb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

408 Request Time-out
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.