Feedback on new software - Post errors & questions here

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
stilltrucking

Re: Feedback on new software - Post errors & questions here

Post by stilltrucking » September 2nd, 2010, 2:25 pm

FYI

about forty five minutes ago I got a 404 for studio eight. then I tried again and again for about 15 minutes finally the site came up but it was all weird, the banner was sideways and there were no boards. Then I tried again and again and the site came up but the formatting was all weird. Everything working okay now.

Maybe it was my computer

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 2nd, 2010, 3:21 pm

:( crap... :(

thanks for letting me know, Jack.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 2nd, 2010, 5:29 pm

Maybe it was just me.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 3rd, 2010, 2:33 am

Maybe... maybe not. We're going to have a word jam coming up this weekend for a couple of weeks. We'll find out.

I don't get what the difference is between the red stars and the blue stars. Do you? I can't figure it out :)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 3rd, 2010, 3:48 pm

FYI

2:20 PM CDT
General Error

SQL Error [myql]
User stdioei_NEWphpb already has more than ‘max_userconnections’ active connections [1203

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 3rd, 2010, 8:07 pm

Thanks very much, Jack, for continuing to report these! It's very helpful. We're working on getting it resolved. Until then, thanks for your patience.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 4th, 2010, 1:45 am

Two things...

1) The host has made some adjustment and hopefully this will fix the error messages from occurring because we really prefer not to change hosts. I've been using this host for 6 years and I like them very much! Thanks for continuing to post error messages if you see any that don't let you access the site for a few minutes!

2) To all.... About Editing Your Posts...
Do any of you have an EDIT button on your posts any more like you used to before we did the upgrade? You should have edit buttons... at least for your posts before someone replies to them... I would prefer you can edit your own posts any time at all for every post but not sure that's possible. Please let me know if you have an edit button.

I'm trying to get the site running exactly as we want it!

Thanks to all who can offer any help with either posting error messages and times you saw them and/or letting me know if any of you have an edit button.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 4th, 2010, 7:25 am

I don't want to report anymore errors if you dont mind. It sounds like I am complaining when I am not.
I am very happy and satisfied with the new S8

If things were any better they would be no good at all.

I like the new friends and foes feature
I been trying to add every white male here to my foe list
because you know
"friends come and go but enemies accumulate"

call me Ishmael.
"His hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him." Genesis 16:12.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 4th, 2010, 9:45 am

Jack, if nobody reports the error to me, I don't know about them unless they happen when I'm online. I've been extremely grateful for all of your error posts! It is because of your posts about errors that I was able to report them to our host who has now made some changes for us so they will hopefully stop happening.

Please, know that it doesn't appear you are complaining AT all, it appears you are helping me.... because you are! ... But if you'd rather send them to me by pm or by email when you see them, that's fine, too. I am sincerely indebted to you for reporting them and continuing to report them. You are helping us test the new software so we can get the bugs out.

I should rename the title of this post BUG REPORTS. We need them! Thank you!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 4th, 2010, 10:05 am

Okay
I just don't want to hassle you with them
I will keep on keeping on

PS
I should have used a :wink: with the Ishmael bit

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 4th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Something I noticed is the stars seem to stay, even after I've viewed the new ones, lol.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 4th, 2010, 2:54 pm

I know.. me too, Dame... and I don't know what the difference is between the red ones and the blue ones. I think the red ones might mean that those are topics you've already posted in.

Not sure why that's not working like it used to... the stars should go away after you've viewed the topic.... Thanks for reporting this.. I'll try to figure it out one day. :)

Try the "mark forums read" link bottom left of the page. I clicked it the other day to get rid of the stars and start all over... thinking it was in my browser cache and the clearing cache wasn't working. Let me know if that works to clear the stars and start over.

This software is really totally different than the old software.. it just "looks" the same because of the style/theme ... meaning the way it looks. :?

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 4th, 2010, 6:17 pm

K, thanks much Doreen. I'll have to try that out.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 5th, 2010, 9:41 pm

hola doreen! a new way for posting images or I already forgot how to post them..?? :roll: :lol: (the two options are possible!! :wink: ). Tell me if I´ve missed some new instructions, gracias!. I´ll try again tomorrow :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 6th, 2010, 8:46 am

Dame... did hitting the "mark all forums read" link work to clear the stars and start again so they're only starred when for new posts since the last time you visited the forums? Oh and also within each forum, there's a like that says "mark all topics read"... within that forum.

Arcadia... About posting images.... Yes, there is a new way... but the old way still works, too.

1) You can still store your images on photobucket or flickr or whatever image storing account you have and use the IMG tags to post them just as you always have.

and

2) You can now upload images directly into your post. Below the posting window is an Upload Attachment area. Click the Choose File button, navigate to the image, then click the Add the File button and it will upload. You can add a comment to your image also in the comment box. Try it... click Preview to see if it worked and if it worked OK, click submit.

No, you haven't missed anything. I just haven't written up anything to post about the new features yet but eventually I will post something like that. Honestly, I'm just now learning what the new features are myself and learning how to use them. Eventually, I'll post some basic info about them.

Let me know if the image upload worked OK for you. Thanks!

Return to “Help & Feedback”