?????????

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
Artguy

?????????

Post by Artguy » April 3rd, 2011, 4:46 pm

Hi Doreen, I have been trying to upload an image to a new topic and I get this, Cannot add another attachment, 0 is the maximum.

????

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: ?????????

Post by Doreen Peri » April 3rd, 2011, 4:51 pm

Sorry.... let me look in the Admin panel... I've bee trying to make adjustments and screwing up .... some of the images have been cut off so the whole image doesn't appear. I thought 0 meant unlimited size. I'll try again and if I can't fix it, I'll ask James (neologistic) to help. He's our tech guy. I'm a tech dummy obviously... sighh.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 3rd, 2011, 4:54 pm

Attachments
aprilfoolsbanner.jpg

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 3rd, 2011, 4:56 pm

I just uploaded that image... I don't like the scroll bars. If you click on the image, you're supposed to see the whole image, but that's not working either. We're working on fixing this so there are thumbnails that show the whole image if its larger than the posting window and no scroll bars.

Try again. I changed a setting. Try uploading an image to this thread. See if it works right here on this thread for you as a test.

Thank you!

Artguy

Post by Artguy » April 3rd, 2011, 5:05 pm

AAAk I still get the same result.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 3rd, 2011, 5:19 pm

Drat! Sorry... I've done something wrong in the settings trying to fix it so the scroll bars go away.

I've sent James this link. I'm sure he'll be able to fix it. I'm sorry that's happening.

One other thought is since I was able to upload an image and you're not, perhaps it's a browser issue for you. Try one more thing... try clearing your browser cache and cookies for the site, then quit your browser, restart your browser and try again.

Here's a link to how to clear the cache and cookies for every web browser. Click on the appropriate link for instructions for whichever browser you're using.

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/ ... swer=32050

After you've done that, let me know if that works.

And also, as I said, I've directed James to this thread so next time he comes online, he will be able to help if that doesn't work.

Sorry for the problems. :(

Artguy

Post by Artguy » April 3rd, 2011, 5:35 pm

Nope that didn't work either... I have new painting i am very happy with too...:(

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 3rd, 2011, 6:01 pm

Sighh... I'm sorry, Kurt. I sent this link to James. If it's a problem with the site, he can fix it. I don't know why I can upload but you can't.

In the meantime, do you have a Flickr or Photobucket account? I'd love to see your new painting.

If you have a free account at one of those sites, you can always upload your painting there (while we're working on getting this fixed) and use the img tags for BB code to post it here. If you upload to a free image hosting site (like one of the 2 I mentioned), they usually give you the "BB code" for the image.

If you have uploaded to one of those sites and can't figure out how to post it here, post the link here to the painting on the Flickr or PHotobucket site for the image and I'll help with embedding it here.

Or... upload it to your own website server. That way it will have a URL address.

The code would be

[ img ] http:// url address of painting.jpg [/ img ]

But without the spaces.

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » April 3rd, 2011, 7:00 pm

Now try uploading images.

Inline images should work, images that are just attached and not placed inline should work.

All ATTACHMENT images (images you upload directly to Studio 8 in a post) should work fine, it will resize them to a smaller image if it needs to and it won't use scrollbars or cut it off. You can also click on the image again.

The only problem is that some images that were posted in the past may have the issue of having scrollbars. All future images will be fine, though. Trying ot find a solution for past images but I don't know that there is a solution other than reuploading them.

IMG tags are cutting off wide images now, let me work on that.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » April 3rd, 2011, 7:47 pm

Thanks Neo!!!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 3rd, 2011, 7:48 pm

Thank you so much, James!

This should all be fixed now, Kurt. Try uploading your image again.

:)

Artguy

Post by Artguy » April 3rd, 2011, 8:00 pm

Done....ah relief.

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » April 3rd, 2011, 8:24 pm

IMG tags work again, now, too.

All image issues should be fixed.

The only thing we might run into is previously posted images that are3 attachments might have ugly scrollbars instead of fixed width.

If you notice one of your previous posts like this, simply make sure you still have a copy of the image, delete the image from your post, and then reupload it.

Hoping even that won't be a problem.

Return to “Help & Feedback”