Attn: Doreen, Need help locking, moving threads

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
Steve Plonk

Re: Attn: Doreen, Need help locking, moving threads

Post by Steve Plonk » October 13th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Yes, Doreen, I can see the corrected control panel in my Announcements for my Artlog,
The Flying Horse Cafe. Thanks... 8) I am pleased that my daughter could help you by making the screenshots. I will get tutorials from my daughter in these photo, screenshot capabilities. :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 13th, 2013, 1:58 pm

OK, terrific!

Sorry about everyone's ability to edit their posts being missing now. I have to figure that out.

Please feel free to delete all the posts in your Announcement in the Flying Horse Cafe which have to do with this topic. If you don't delete them, I can delete them for you. It's unnecessary to have troubleshooting information in your Announcement thread.

Thanks!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 13th, 2013, 2:09 pm

My column has the same problems as my Artlog. Life in the Horse Lane also needs the
complete moderator panels. I await your additions to the capablities. I have deleted
some of your old post already. Thanks again. I know it takes time to correct everything.
My editing features seem to have returned at the moment.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 13th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Steve, the Admin Panel is quite complicated. I forgot exactly how I did it but I'll try to get the permissions right for the moderators of the Columnists forums, also.

They USED to be right! I suspect that when we upgraded the software, somehow the permissions got messed up last time. AND... we need to upgrade the software again.

At any rate, I'm going to look at the Columnists permission settings and see if I can remember how to fix it or backtrack through my history to find my research threads.

I'll let you know when I get it fixed.

I'm worried about the Edit button having disappeared for users. I don't like that and I need to work on getting that fixed, too.

testuser

Post by testuser » October 13th, 2013, 2:40 pm

This is Doreen. I just tested it and it looks like I fixed it.

There are 2 problems.

1) All of the Forum Moderators for both the Artlogs and the Columnists forums now have "Global Announcement" capabilities and you're NOT supposed. Please do NOT use that or your post will show up at the top of every forum on the site. I need to get this fixed.

2) The edit button has disappeared for regular members, including you, when you post in any other forum on the site. I need to get this fixed.

Please confirm that you now have the ability in your Column to see the Sticky and Announcement options.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 13th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Thanks, testuser, AKA Doreen. I checked both my Artlog & my Column & the sticky & "select desired action" accordion window in the Moderator Control Panel are working overall. I haven't edited my files on other threads yet, so I don't know if my editing is working there. However, on my Column & Artlog, the editing is working so far. I will soon be cleaning up my copy & deleting most tutorial posts unless they are needed in the future. I am looking forward to your corrections.
Appreciate you, and all others working on this. :)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 27th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Doreen, please help me by locking my thread in the "Rant, Rage & Laugh" forum, entitled
"History is a Solution" (Parts 1-5) I have tried to retire it & made a copy in my Column.
I have asked people to post in the newer version in my Column.
Here is the link to the old thread/topic which I want locked. Thanks. See below.
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21765

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 28th, 2013, 10:27 pm

Done. This topic is also now locked. If you'd like further administrative changes to your posts, please contact me by private message. Otherwise, please post in the forum where you'd like your posts to stay. Thank you, Steve!

Return to “Help & Feedback”