Attn: Doreen, Need help locking, moving threads

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: Attn: Doreen, Need help locking, moving threads

Post by Doreen Peri » March 5th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Steve Plonk wrote: Here's the last one to be locked today:
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19180 (pp. 1, 2,3)
OK. Done.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 5th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Doreen, sorry to put you to so much trouble to cover my "faux pas". I need to get
tutorials, & pay attention to instructions. Thanks. :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 5th, 2013, 5:00 pm

No problem. You're welcome. You didn't make any "faux pas"... you just made a decision to lock or move your threads. That's OK. I didn't mind helping.

If you want an Artlog where you can have full control over your own content, please let me know. Otherwise, I suggest posting your posts to your Column where you're already the moderator and have full control of the content.

Take care, Steve!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 8th, 2013, 12:37 am

Doreen, once again, I really appreciated your input & your help with these tasks. :) 8)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 18th, 2013, 1:18 pm

You're very welcome. No problem. :)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 6th, 2013, 11:34 am

Doreen, I need help moving two threads from the middle of page one in the Poetry Forum
to my column, "Life in the Horse Lane". The names of the threads are:
"Blasting Caps from the Vault, Part 4"; & "Some Penny Haiku, Part 4".

Please move these as soon as possible. I want to retire them to my column.
Thanks. :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 7th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Steve Plonk wrote:Doreen, I need help moving two threads from the middle of page one in the Poetry Forum
to my column, "Life in the Horse Lane". The names of the threads are:
"Blasting Caps from the Vault, Part 4"; & "Some Penny Haiku, Part 4".

Please move these as soon as possible. I want to retire them to my column.
Thanks. :)
Please provide links to the threads you want to move... the full links starting with http.

In the future, please post your pieces where you'd like to keep them.

Again, please consider my creating you an Artlog where you will have full control over the pieces you post, including locking them to "retire" them.

Thank you!

I was doing you a favor ... but I can't make a regular habit of this. I rarely even have time to visit Studio8 lately. Thanks for understanding.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 7th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Here's one thread: Parts 1& 2
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24891
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=15

Here's the other one: Parts 1 & 2
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24888
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 8&start=15

Please move these to my Column,
"Life in the Horse Lane": http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=78

Thanks. :) I'll have to think about having an "Artlog". I would have to learn how to
move threads. Now, I have control over locking threads when they go to my Column.
I only retire things after they have not been posted on for a while. Some folks never post
on Columns & Artlogs. That is why I put threads out elsewhere, too. :)
I didn't know any of this was bothersome to you. My last requests were months ago...I'd ask other administrators except they are not as familiar with my material. Sorry... :(

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 7th, 2013, 11:16 pm

You wouldn't be able to MOVE threads from your Artlog or to your Artlog, just like you can't move them from your Column or to your Column forum.

But you would be the Moderator and you could retire them by locking them just like you can do in your Column.

What I'm saying is, if you plan on having your posts appear in a specific place, it's best to post them in the place you plan to keep them.

I'll move these for you but after this, I have to stop because it's work an I'm getting older and more tired and once people see me doing it for YOU, they might want me to do it for THEM and my time is limited.

I do my best and I've done my best to do you a favor several times but I'd like to see you post your threads where you want them to STAY from now on.

Thank you, kindly.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 7th, 2013, 11:25 pm

PS... the reason I suggested an Artlog is because your poetry isn't a "column". A column is an essay or commentary written on a regular basis like columnists do in a newspaper.

The threads I just moved for you, as requested, are poetry. Poetry is an art form. Therefore, it would make more sense to archive your poetry in an ARTlog, instead of a column.

The columnists on Studio8 have been accepted as columnists because they write commentary essays regularly, for instance weekly or monthly.

The Artlogs are for people to use for whatever they want in regards to ART.. like poetry, music, short stories, visual art, paintings, photography, etc.

OR... to be used as a BLOG... this the name ART-LOG ... LOG meaning a blog... a blog of art.

Thank you for being part of Studio8 and for your contributions.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 7th, 2013, 11:57 pm

Hello stranger!

I am getting old too. :wink:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 8th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Steve, no need to apologize. I'm sorry I seemed to turn around with this moving topics thing. At first, when I initially did it for you, I thought it was just fine and I didn't mind at all and I really didn't mind doing it this time, either. It's just that I'm rarely here lately, and I got worried that many people will ask and I just guess I changed my mind about it being a good idea to make a habit out of it. But I did it and no problem. We really did want to see columnists writing essays on a regular basis like a newspaper column. And the artlogs are for poetry or blogging.

Hi Jack! ... Nice to see you, too. I guess we're all getting older, aren't we? Thanks for the tune!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 9th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Doreen, thanks for moving the threads. I really appreciate your suggestions. :D
I've decided to ask you to create an "Artlog" for me called: " Flying Horse Cafe"...
As soon as you get a chance to turn loose to do it... 8) :D ...Steve Plonk
See preliminary link/intro in new topics in the bottom of Artlogs & Studio Forum for
my new artlog of which I'd be moderator: http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=25935
Doreen, please let me know if I'm approved, when you have the time.

Another thing, my "lock topic"ability isn't working in my Column. I have used it in the
past when I needed to. How come it is broken? :( :? I need help fixing this control pad in
my "Life in the Horse Lane" column. I know fixing takes time, also. Doreen, Let me know something as soon as you have the time. Perhaps Neologistic may help.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2013, 2:07 am

Sorry, I'm late! I just now saw this post. I'll be happy to set up your artlog for you, Steve, and I'll move your poetry threads from your column into the artlog once I do. Thank you for giving me a couple of days to set it up! I've got a lot going on right now but I'll get to it soon.

As to you question about why the locking threads isn't working in your column, I don't know why... but I'll look into it and if I can't figure it out myself, I'll consult with neologistic, S8's Tech Guru, to see if he can fix it.

Sorry for the glitches! And thanks again for all your contributions to the site and for wanting to have your own Artlog! :)

I'll get to setting it up as soon as I can. Promise.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 13th, 2013, 11:57 am

Thanks in advance to Doreen Peri & Neologistic! Much appreciated... :D Looking forward to
my new artlog "Flying Horse Cafe" & the control pad being fixed in my Column, "Life in the Horse Lane". I'll just 'hang ten' & give you all some time. After all there are nearly 1000 members here now... 8)

Return to “Help & Feedback”