Attn: Doreen, Need help locking, moving threads

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: Attn: Doreen, Need help locking, moving threads

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2013, 2:17 pm

steveplonk_locktopic.png
Steve, your permissions are set as "full moderator" in your column. Go to your column. Click on the post that you want to lock. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see the above. Click "Lock Topic" from the pull-down menu as shown here.

Let me know if you're able to see this when you go there and achieve it. If not, I'll have to consult with Neo.

_________

Your artlog has been set up. It's approximately half-way down the page in the Artlog/Studios section. You are also Full Moderator of that forum.

My next step is to move your poetry there from your Column forum. I'll take care of that now.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 13th, 2013, 7:11 pm

How come "the Mingo" is listed as moderator of the my artlog , "Flying Horse Cafe"& my name is not listed? --Steve Plonk... I thought I was supposed to be the only full moderator. :? Most of the poetry has been moved, according to your instructions.
:?: :oops: See link: http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=168

Neologistic needs to to fine tune it to have me show up as full moderator & not "the Mingo".
He already has an artlog. Mistakes happen. :( I'm sure I can moderate my own poetry by myself. :idea:
Unless, I need an administrator supervisor on my own artlog & have no full autonomy.
No one is co-listed on my Column. :roll: :oops:
In addition, the control panel in my Column still does not work. :(
I await further instructions, etc. :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2013, 8:00 pm

I don't know why other than I must have made a mistake. I'm only human. I set YOU as moderator. Maybe the software is screwing up. Or I screwed up. But I'll go fix it.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Fixed. You are the moderator with full moderator permissions in your new Artlog. Sorry that happened. It was obviously an error I made when setting it up. I clearly didn't deliberately add someone else to moderate your forum. I wouldn't do that on purpose! I made a mistake. I must have inadvertently selected the wrong forum and pushed save. The Admin Panel is a bit complicated and we have a LOT of forums! I do my best. No need to get riled about it.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Let me know if it doesn't work OK. I don't trouble Neologistic with work I can do myself. I fixed it. You are FULL MODERATOR.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 14th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Doreen, Thanks for your patience with me, & thanks for your help. It is a miracle that
you could get the Artlog up & running so soon...Sorry, again, if I seemed impatient. I know
from experience that things will & do happen with software 8) :D :lol:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 15th, 2013, 6:05 pm

You're very welcome. It didn't take long. Sorry for the glitch. Glad I got it straightened out. Welcome to the Studio8 Artblogishphere. ;)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 10th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Doreen, could you fix it so that my "Introduction" thread in my "Flying Horse Cafe" artlog stays
at the top of my artlog? As soon as you get a chance...Thanks, in advance, for your help. 8)
Here's the link: http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=25935
Last edited by Steve Plonk on October 10th, 2013, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 10th, 2013, 3:02 pm

You are the Moderator of that forum. Therefore, hit EDIT on the post, scroll down below the post and either choose Announcement or Sticky. Then push Submit.

Announcements posts go on top of Stickies. Sticky posts are also stuck to the top of the page.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 10th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Doreen, I can't find the "stickie" button on the control panel or in editing. Where is it? :?:
I see ascending or descending order, but no stickie button. :? So, I "bumped the topic" to
the top of my page. Will it stay there now? :!:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 10th, 2013, 8:33 pm

No. It won't stay. Let me make you a screenshot to show you were the Sticky and Announcements buttons are. Be right back.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 10th, 2013, 8:38 pm

This is the EDIT view of your original post. Hit EDIT on the first post of the thread.

Let me know if you see this. You may not see "global" because only administrators see that, but you should see Normal, Sticky, and Announcement.
steveplonk.png

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 10th, 2013, 8:42 pm

If you don't see it, I'll figure out what's wrong with your moderator status permissions and do it for you. I'm just trying to help by teaching you where it is so you can make stickies and announcements in the future.

Let me know. Thanks!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 11th, 2013, 11:44 am

My moderator panel does not display, in Options, what your example does. It does not have any categories below lock post. Now, I can't even see 'bump topic' ... It does not display "Change topic to"...
I bookmarked my topic as to call attention to it. The panel display will have to be fixed or
you'll have to do the sticky on the Introduction & announcements--See Flying Horse Cafe. :!:
Thanks for trying to help. I am either too inept to do this or the moderator/editing
display needs to be fixed. Sorry, Doreen. :(

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 11th, 2013, 3:11 pm

I made the post a STICKY for you.

I don't understand why you don't see those options. I checked your permissions and you are "Full Moderator" of that forum which means you can do all the things an Administrator can do WITHIN that forum so you should see Sticky and Announcements.

If you could please post a screenshot of what you DO see, that would be helpful.

I will also direct James (neologistic) to this thread and see if he can help but the permissions are set properly and I don't know his schedule so I don't know how long it will take for him to have a chance to take a look.

Sorry for the technical difficulties. Full Moderator should give you the Sticky and Announcement buttons to select. Thanks again for posting a screenshot so we can see what it is you DO see in the Options tab when you click Edit. :)

Return to “Help & Feedback”