weird post in Cyrillic Script disapeared what happened?

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
still.trucking

weird post in Cyrillic Script disapeared what happened?

Post by still.trucking » April 12th, 2017, 3:02 am

Cyrillic script
I found it back in the archives while I was looking for something. It seemed so timely I kicked it back up. Then mnaz posted to it and I did again. Then I tried to make another post and got this message.
forbiden.PNG
That went on about five minutes and then the whole studio eight website went down. And then I got a message that my computer was infected with a virus and if I would call a certain phone number they would tell me how to get rid of it.

And now the thread has disappeared. No longer see it on studio eight. No great loss but I am curious did you delete it? Was it some kind of malicious bot?
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: weird post in Cyrillic Script disapeared what happened?

Post by Doreen Peri » April 12th, 2017, 3:05 am

It's your computer or its connection.

I suspect you're using Internet Explorer. Is that correct?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 12th, 2017, 3:09 am

Oh no wait.... was it some thread in the Stories forum which had a title in another language? Like Greek or something?

If so, yeah, I deleted it.

Why? Because all the original posts to the thread were written by a either a spam bot or a person who had left the website and all his/her posts had been deleted already YEARS ago and the thread makes zero sense. Why anybody kicked it back up to the top is totally baffling. I nixed it. It was wasted time, wasted energy, and it had a title in a language even YOU couldn't understand.

Thank you, though, for your curiosity.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 12th, 2017, 3:11 am

But the deal about your computer being infected with a virus has nothing to do with this website. It has to do with your computer being infected with a virus, I guess. Otherwise, why would you get that message?

This reminds me of the old days. Welcome back.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » April 12th, 2017, 3:19 am

:D thank you so much I though I was losing my mind again :wink:

It was very very strange
reminded me of what Einstein said about the phenomenon of entanglement "Spooky"

Yes I got a virus weird thing it actually spoke to me through the computer, no shit it had an audio, then the message said if I called them they would fix me right up. I thought I was covered, had Kaspersky on this machine. Somehow it missed it. Got Norton

Just a coincidence it happened just at that moment. It scared me, thought studio eight had been hacked
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Return to “Help & Feedback”