Is it possible?

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
sooZen

Is it possible?

Post by sooZen » September 19th, 2004, 9:07 pm

hey, hey Doreen...nice place you've created here. I think it will continue to grow and become something wonderous, really, I do.

One request or a question: Is it possible to install or whatever it is that you do, spell check? I am a horrendous speller, sometimes I just guess, other times I ask Cecil my walking, talking dictionary (he always asks "how do YOU spell it?" and that can be annoying), other times I right click on a word and my gurunet looks it up. Trouble is, I don't always 'see' my mistakes and a spell checker (if only we could check all our 'spells') catches some I miss. Now, if they only had such a thing as a punctuation checker!

Just wondering along...

SooZen

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 20th, 2004, 12:17 am

hey sooZ... i donno if that's possible or not but i can stop by the support forums and ask or look around the bulletin board site and see if there's some additional file which can do that

....can't guarantee it... I'm pretty much a techie dummy but I'll look and ask anyway

until then (which is always a good idea anyway), if you type your words in a separate file like a Word file or any word processor, there's is a spellchecker built in there. Then, you can copy and paste them into the posting window.

I hope you're saving your writings that way anyway... (though, I'm guilty myself of typing straight into the box without saving it sometimes, especially when writing spontaneously)

I'll let you know what I find out but it's going to be a while because i've got to get at least the pages I've designed already up online and that's my first priority. After I start getting the site up, I can focus more on stuff like this.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 20th, 2004, 5:23 pm

Today, I looked and found a spellcheck modification file I could add to this forum, sooZ, but unfortunately, it will also add pop-up adds to a spellcheck site.... so that won't work. Just wanted to let you know I looked. I'll look some more later. :)

STUPID BOB

Post by STUPID BOB » December 16th, 2004, 4:01 pm

This'll fill the bill for individual use:

http://wordweb.info/free/
Carpe Delirium

Return to “Help & Feedback”