Creative Writing split?

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.

Should we split the Creative Writing board into two boards...Poetry & Stories/Essays?

Split it.
43%
Keep it as it is.
14%
Who cares? It doesn't matter.
43%

Total votes: 7

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Creative Writing split?

Post by Doreen Peri » December 1st, 2005, 6:28 pm

Should we split the Creative Writing board into two boards...

Poetry & Stories/Essays?

Or keep it like it is.

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 1st, 2005, 9:26 pm

So many boards, but I can't do poetry. If you had a poetry board I think I would be too intimidated to post to it very much. Which would probably be a good thing. So maybe you should split it. But there are all ready so many boards.
I voted once.
free rice

I used to be smart

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 2nd, 2005, 12:05 am

I say keep it Creative.
This allows that bizarre little entity, the unlabelled creative word flow, to shine along with the more recognizable formats.

j

panta rhei

Post by panta rhei » December 2nd, 2005, 8:37 am

keep it or split it - both is fine with me.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 2nd, 2005, 2:01 pm

I was thinking maybe some visitors may particularly like stories or particularly like poetry and sorting them may be helpful. There are a LOT of forums. Very true. Too many? Maybe we should consolidate some of them instead. ;) Hey, I'm always into change, that's all. If nothing changes, life gets boring. Any and all suggestions always welcome.

--------

I worked for this company where they were changing their company name, I was creating them a new corporate image (logo, etc.), they were restructuring the company and this one guy kept asking why. He kept quoting the old cliches, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "Why reinvent the wheel?" I don't think he liked me much. I was the new hire and I kept pushing forward for changes and he'd been with the company for many years and didn't want to see changes.

----------

When I first started changing the banners, I sent my sister one so she could see it and told her I was changing them every day and she asked, "Why? This one looks fine." :)

--------

Recently when the banners weren't appearing for some reason (something I did wrong), I stopped by the help forums and posted something about changing our banners every day and I got a reply by someone who told me I was nuts not to use a script to do it and let them change randomly so that every time someone clicks, there's a different banner there. Oh well, I'm nuts, maybe. I sorta like it that we are all at the same place at the same time and creating an atmosphere with the banners and changing them manually.

---------

These are just my rambling Studio Eight thoughts about change. I think you're all lucky that you don't live inside my head. It's a mess in here, I'm tellin' ya! Lotsa spare change jinglin' around. :D

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » December 2nd, 2005, 4:02 pm

Just don't make it look like you know what!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 19th, 2009, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 2nd, 2005, 7:17 pm

I love the banner rotation, sometimes it is astounding, like the times when I am looking at one banner as I reply at the same time the banner is being changed. Catches me, makes me smile, reminds me of "seeing" as jimbo talks about it.

That corporate logo thing I got a page from Genesis Angels, a book about Lew Welch and the beats. He is writting about the time he was pissing on small fires at an add agency. Post when I find it.

As far the arrangement of the boards, splits, consolidations, or what ever. I doubt if it will prevent an old hi-jacker like me from rambling away. Maybe I should put a disclaimer in my tag line asking people to wear steel toed combat boots when they read my ravings. :roll:
free rice

I used to be smart

iblieve

Post by iblieve » December 8th, 2005, 6:36 pm

I voted split it, but it really doesn't matter. I have found people will read peotry quicker than a short story because it is quicker and easier to read peotry. I read both when time permits. I love your site either way. "C"
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a97/iblieve/9e35dd63.gif[/img]
iblieve
DARC Poet's Society.

Mike poet

Post by Mike poet » January 23rd, 2006, 4:46 pm

I would split it..
The tortured mind of this poet
is a hell in which to live
I design my time living in rhymes
incurring madness with which I feel.

firsty

Post by firsty » January 23rd, 2006, 4:53 pm

blur the definitions. no splitting. mix it all up, dont segregate creative bursts. one board!
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

Return to “Help & Feedback”