Cambridge Folk Festival

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
microbe

Cambridge Folk Festival

Post by microbe » September 2nd, 2005, 12:04 am

Highlights from the recent Cambridge Folk festival held in the UK are being broadcast by the BBC as two programmes in the next week. They can be viewed on-line at the following link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/camb ... nair.shtml

Click "Watch Highlights" and you can select artists/songs.

Another BBC site worth a visit for folkies is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/r2music/folk/sessions/
Last edited by microbe on September 5th, 2005, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 2nd, 2005, 4:55 am

Listening
Thinking of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A state full of civil war battle grounds and cemeteries
You have so many relatives there
English, Scotch, Irish
Reminded of the music from from that war
Melancholy memories of slaughter
The mightiest sin is killing your brother.
On the verge of tears every time I watch the Ken Burns documentary about the War Between the States.

I don't mean to sound like I am ungrateful, thank you for the link, I am just moved by your music.

microbe

Post by microbe » September 2nd, 2005, 7:30 am

Well, The Blind Boys of Alabama don't seem to hold any grudges :D
I can't listen to them without feeling like jumping for joy. Don't you just love the BBC! :lol:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 2nd, 2005, 9:42 am

Yes I do. 8)
Sometimes I fall asleep to the World Service Overnight. Wake up to the cricket scores from India and Pakistan. Did you listen to HHGG when it was on?

microbe

Post by microbe » September 2nd, 2005, 9:54 am

I have heard Hitchhikers guide way back. It was repeated recently on radio as was the tv series which was also made about 25 years ago. I think to coincide with the release of the new movie. There is a tv series called Red Dwarf which has been going for about ten years now and reminds me of HHGG. Excellent if you get the chance to see it. Comedy in deep space.

Speaking of cricket, we are having a cracking series with the Australians at the moment. Considering cricket which can be soooo boring it has been riveting lately - the whole nation has been glued to their boxes. And we are winning for a change!! :D

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 2nd, 2005, 2:35 pm

Red Dwarf is not on here in san antonio anymore. My sister taped some episodes. Very funny. My favorite character is that cat.
Cricket is like quantum mechanics, fascinates me but I can't get a grip on it. I like to listen to the scores though. Go figure :lol:

Good luck hope your team wins.

"He had extracted himself from the Cambridge one-way system by the usual method, which involved going round and round it faster and faster until he achieved a sort of escape velocity and flew off at a tangent in a random direction."
-- Quantum transport physics explained. DNA

microbe

Post by microbe » September 3rd, 2005, 4:54 pm

Stilltrucking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/index.shtml?logo

"I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" did a special show from the Edinburgh Festival this week. The link above is a "Listen Again" site which contains a link to it. Thought you might be interested. :lol:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 4th, 2005, 6:54 pm

Edinburg named after Edwin, but they didn't like him so they dropped the W from the name. He went to Turkery and founded the city of Ankara. :lol:

microbe

Post by microbe » September 5th, 2005, 3:20 am

I wonder how you manage to understand a lot of the other jokes as they refer to so many personalities/events over here. That joke you mention is so typical of the smutty wisecracks from Humphrey Littleton which no-one else would get away with. I love them - particularly the references to Lionel Blair and "Give us a clue".

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 5th, 2005, 11:42 pm

I caught a lot of them but some did sail right over my head. Good thing they did. Or I might have died laughing. Thanks.

http://intellectualize.org/index.html

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”