Private Messages

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Private Messages

Post by Doreen Peri » September 22nd, 2005, 7:02 pm

Please do not use the Private Message feature to arbitrary select recipients in order to make announcements or invitations to your website.

That feature is not meant for such communications.

If you want to announce your website or invite people to participate on your discussion boards, that's fine, but please use this Announcement forum for that purpose or use the Uniting the Arts forum to post your message, not the private message feature.

Thank you.

torturedjester

HI ROOM, THIS IS TJ OF THE BMD

Post by torturedjester » September 25th, 2005, 8:26 pm

hey crowd, sorry to steal your time. My name is TJ from the bmd who are really good friends with the DARC POET SOCIETY. WEll doreen, from what i understood was a DARC poet, therofore i took it upon myself to inviter HER members to join US at blackmarketdreamz.com...She is angry with me now about this. i apoligize about this and if you need anything froim me let me know. Again, i thought we were one society coming together to promote each other buit i was wrong. Hope i didn't disturb u too much. zack tj
TJ of the BMD invites you to rock with us. Keepin it real. TJ

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 25th, 2005, 8:48 pm

As I said to you before, and as I said on this post here, it is perfectly fine to announce your site to the members of this site. We encourage people promoting their websites, which is why we provide an "Announcement" forum and also a "Uniting the Arts" forum.

I wasn't "angry" with you. I simply asked you not to send private messages to people you don't know who are on our member list. I thought we discussed it and the topic was over.

We had an influx of people coming to the site for the sole purpose of checking their private messages because you had sent them a message about your site. It's fine to invite people, but that's the wrong way to go about it.

Please just use this forum or the "Uniting the Arts" forum for the purpose of promoting your site. Not private messages. Thanks!

Looking forward to reading your work here and learning more about your site.

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”