Featured Artist of the Week & Music Collaboration

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Featured Artist of the Week & Music Collaboration

Post by Doreen Peri » January 15th, 2006, 1:57 pm

I sent Mike Lothar, my CD "Perimeters" and he said he liked it and invited me to be Featured Artist of the Week on his site. Mike is the designer of the Conundrum skin for these Studio Eight forums.

http://www.mikelothar.com/
You can see me at the bottom on the left

Plus Muhammed Medhi owner of Out Records also received a copy and said he enjoyed it, too. He asked if he could take one of the cuts and do a collaboration with us as part of his "Winter Transmitter" album.

He and J. Mora took our "You Make" piece and created a collaboration, adding music and effects. Scroll down to listen
http://www.outrecords.com/the_winter_transmitter.html

We plan on doing more collaborations in the future with Muhammed and Out Records.

I try not to blow my own horn too often. But I'm proud of these two links so I thought I'd share them with you all.

----------

If anybody who doesn't yet have a copy of "Perimeters" would like one, just send me an email or PM with your address and I'll send you one. It has some piano pieces, some spoken word, a few songs and some collaborations with LR.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 15th, 2006, 2:17 pm

That's wonderful, doreen! How cool! Who would've guessed that a board skin creator is also a collaborator for the arts

and medhi's off and running as well!

superb.

shall listen...

much excitement

j

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 15th, 2006, 2:26 pm

what a trip hearing you 'ambient'.

You must have loved being transformed. Like walking through a virtual disneyland...

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 15th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Yeah.. it was a trip, alright! Thanks for listening, judih!

I'm told they'll be sending us some music soon so we can put some spoken word to it or add music to it or something. We'll see!

Fun stuff!

And yeah, pretty cool that our skin designer is a supporter of the arts! But well, when you come to think of it, he's an artist himself, right? Designing the skin is an art! :)

I was honored to be invited and also enjoyed being transformed by the Out Records people. Who knew it could sound like that?

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 15th, 2006, 2:42 pm

yes, it's a jam of another sort
take a voice, add your own filter and let it fly

put me in, shake me up, and see what comes out!
but this was done with love and creativity, not a mere 'program'.

This should be an interesting adventure - glad you discovered these lively sound artists.

M_Mehdi

Post by M_Mehdi » January 15th, 2006, 4:31 pm

doreen peri wrote: Designing the skin is an art! :)
life is art. :)

It reminds me of a question that came up recently: Why don't normal people paint?

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the creation. We sure did and looking forward to more!! "You Make" has become one of my fav tracks off the comp.

Thanks you guys for having open minds! And no worries.. we might put you in, shake you up and see what comes out, but it's done with all eyes wide open and a steady stream of conscienceness and mostly, with Much Love... no mere 'program'. ;)

Thanks again for being a part of this project... the whole compilation is also available for download as a single continuous mix :

http://www.outrecords.com/out_records_m ... s_2006.mp3

It's meant to be heard as a one piece of work. It tells a story.

much love and peace..

-muhammad

ps. Doreen you're much too kind.. but i'm not the owner of Out Records. :shock:

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”