How to Donate to Studio Eight

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: How to Donate to Studio Eight

Post by Doreen Peri » March 17th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Veronica.. you have already so generously contributed to this site! There's no obligation to contribute again. I'm sorry you're having a problem with paypal. I don't know why they'd be asking for a state when you already chose Argentina, but please know your previous contribution was extremely generous and I'm very grateful. Thank you so much!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 18th, 2013, 9:02 pm

it seems the problem was I didn´t log into my account yesterday, today I could do it! :mrgreen: . I sent 30 dollars this time (it´s the equivalent to buy two kilos and a half of cheese here nowadays... :shock: ): I won´t become poorer because of that, be sure! :lol: I´ll contribute with a similar ammount in some months if my government and the money change value let me do it! :wink: Gracias YOU for all this, Doreen! :D And may you get the ammount you already paid soon!!!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 19th, 2013, 1:29 am

Veronica ... you are *very* generous and extremely kind! I so much appreciate your donation yet again! I had to keep the site up and running so yes, I went in debt to pay it and every little bit helps a GREAT deal. Thank you!!!

I also have received two other donations, one from Jack and another from a name I didn't recognize.

Thank you so much, Jack! For you, too, this is not the first time you've helped us stay online and I'm very grateful!

Every member of the site should be grateful to those who have donated to keep the site up and running!

Dear S8 members,

If you contributed to the site via the link using your name which I may not recognize because I only know your screen name, please contact me or post to this thread. I want to make a "group" of contributing members so all contributors will be acknowledged for their support underneath their posting name when they post.

Thank you ALL for your help! I appreciate knowing you want to keep this site running. I cannot financially handle it by myself right now. I truly hope to be in a better position not to have to ask for help for the next billing cycle after this. I'm working very hard to achieve that goal.

Thanks again to everyone!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 19th, 2013, 8:57 pm

no need of recognizing names or nobiliary titles, Doreen!!!!!! :lol: I only mentioned my donation as a way of encourage others, sometimes it helps! :wink:
I hope you don´t have to remind us the next time: to worry about or to anticipate paying renewings should not be your problem. :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 21st, 2013, 8:37 pm

Thank you, Veronica! I still want to make a group called "Supporting Members" and put that title under the names of those who have donated, if you don't mind.

I figured out who the 3rd person was, the name I didn't recognize. It was SadLuckDame.

Thank you, SadLuckDame for your generous contribution!

We're half way there for this billing cycle. I hope some of the other members will decide to contribute. After all, we've been online for 8 years.

If people could contribute $1-2 per year that they've used the site, that would be wonderful!

I hate to ask for help but ... I don't think it's out of line asking for help.

Most other sites are supported by revenue from ads. All sites have some method for members to support the sites they use.

I've done the best I can through the years. It has taken hours of work in addition to money. I not only have paid for hosting, but there have been other expenses.

My work on the site is a labor of love, but unfortunately, the world runs on money and hosting costs money. I wish that wasn't the case but it is.

Thanks again to everyone!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 17th, 2019, 2:07 pm

I’ve been billed again for $142.50 .... it’s to renew hosting for 2 years. I’ll put it on my charge card I guess... but if anyone can help, I’ll be grateful. Not sure when the domain name comes up for renewal but soon. Thank you.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » March 17th, 2019, 9:12 pm

I donated by Paypal and included my email address. Thank you for all you do here. I goofed and made it a 10 dollar monthly, should have just sent 100 bucks, sorry
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 18th, 2019, 11:26 am

Jack... that is so kind and more than generous! I’m very grateful! Maybe you can edit it to a smaller one-time donation? Today I’ll be making the hosting payment and your help is greatly appreciated!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 20th, 2019, 11:10 am

Sorry I saw your reply too late. The first 10 is already posted. I will change it to a one time $90 asap

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 22nd, 2019, 6:57 am

That's too much! I'm just saying, Jack... I really appreciate it but that's a lot of money! I don't know what to say other than to thank you but suggest you make it less?!?

Also... many thanks to Betsy (Sadluckdame) who also sent a generous donation.Thank you, Betsy!

I appreciate all of you soooo much!

I live on a fixed low income right now (social security) ... need to get more work to increase my income ... until then... your donations are helping me keep the site online and I am soooo grateful!

THANK YOU!!

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”