Studio8 News - Thank you for reading

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Studio8 News - Thank you for reading

Post by Doreen Peri » March 17th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Thank you all for your participation in Studio8. As you know, this site has been free to use since 2004. This upcoming July, we will celebrate our 9th anniversary.

I've just been billed for $143 to renew the hosting on the Studio8 hosting account. Unfortunately, I'm in a bind and currently struggling to pay the hosting fees.

Any donations at all would be helpful. Thank you!

Here's a link to the info about how to contribute. Even $5 would help. Every donation, no matter how small, would be appreciated. I'd like to keep the site up and running without any down time.

>> http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=22058

Please consider this announcement similar to a break on a public TV or public radio show where public contributions are requested to keep the shows on the air. I'm not fond of those type of announcements, though I understand their necessity. I've contributed to public TV in the past to become a "member" and support the continued operation of a station which offers quality television shows, without advertisements.

Studio8 runs no ads like other sites do. You'll never see ads here cluttering the page. In addition, we have no public funding program. The sole funding to keep this site operational is from my personal pocket, which I now, unfortunately, find empty.

To those of you who have donated in the past, thank you so much! I'm not requesting your donation again unless you feel inclined to help again.

After figuring out how to do it, I'll make a special group name so that those who have contributed to the site to help keep it up and running will be acknowledged as a contributor under their posting name.

Thanks again to everyone for making this one of the most special writing and arts sites on the web. We are a small but vibrant community and I appreciate each and every one of you. If you're unable to contribute to the cause, don't worry, I'll understand. Please just continue to share your words, wisdom, and art!

Much love to all.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: Studio8 News - Thank you for reading

Post by Doreen Peri » March 17th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Sorry, I failed to mention that the $143 covers 2 more years of hosting costs. It doesn't cover any other expenses I might incur but at least the hosting will be secured. If just 15 members donated $10 each, we're covered! I don't think that's a lot to ask. I apologize for even having to ask. Thank you for your time.

Arcadia

Re: Studio8 News - Thank you for reading

Post by Arcadia » March 17th, 2013, 9:24 pm

gracias for the reminding, count with it! :D

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”