New Poetry Site - Poets in the Attic

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

New Poetry Site - Poets in the Attic

Post by Doreen Peri » May 21st, 2014, 9:58 am

Come and join a brand new poetry site called "Poets in the Attic". The site was started by some friends of mine who I've known for a long time. You can be some of the very first members! Invite your poet friends, too! Here's a link.

http://poetsintheattic.com/index.php

judih
Site Admin

Re: New Poetry Site - Poets in the Attic

Post by judih » May 21st, 2014, 11:14 pm

ran over to join and discovered I couldn't join - that my IP is banned. Problem is that it's not my IP. Apparently a virus a student sent me along with his empty book report has infected my hard drive.
Thanks to PitA, I've made this discovery. So thanks.
but i guess i'll have to join via my laptop (later)
now i'm cleaning, scanning, getting youtube tutorials on how to deactivate this horrific little virus.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 22nd, 2014, 7:10 am

Judih, I'm so sorry! I was just trying to help some friends launch their site. I think it must be a problem with their bot stopper mod. I was going to ask James to install it here but not after I hear this. Why do you think you have a virus? Do you have any other indications of that? You're not the only one who got that message. Stupid Bob (Rene) got that message, too, and he's not very happy about it. I reported this to Rob, one of the site owners & admins. I told him two of my friends were blocked out by his bot stopper and they are definitely NOT spam bots.. they are people and dear friends. I hope they uninstall it.

Wait! It's not your IP#? You're sure? It shows you the IP# that's being blocked? I guess that's why you think you have a virus?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 22nd, 2014, 11:29 am

They turned off the spambot IP# registration mod for now while they troubleshoot it to find out what's wrong. If you or anyone else is interested in registering, you might enjoy it there. Again, sorry to hear that happened.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 23rd, 2014, 5:50 am

hi again. and thanks for all this.
i've scanning and stuff
the IP shown to be mine (also via the site 'whatismyip.com') is not mine according to what my computer says
very confusing

i don't know if i should be sending things, or registering with this bizarre virus/IP changing bot attached to my 'house'
My laptop and my PC register the same IP (which is registered as a spambot)

I tried to get in from school and the site was blocked - we have a babysitter censorship that needs to be manually tweaked for sites out of the norm.

Anyway - glad to hear that the Attic Poets are able to meet.
one day soon!

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”