The I Can't Wait's over BUT if ya can't wait...

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

The I Can't Wait's over BUT if ya can't wait...

Post by Doreen Peri » September 17th, 2005, 3:17 pm

If you can't wait until next time, keep on jammin right here on this thread if you want, cats an jammas..... and the ~GO! forum is always open 24/7!

Next weekend, a Word Jam at the Scroll.
The weekend after that? An Image-ination Jam right here.

Jam on, poetpeople and wordslingers!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 19th, 2005, 3:35 am

That is good news
I wanted to do an annotated version of my posts to this jam. Correct my typos and spell check. And fill in some blanks to posts I missed.

thanks.

Dog_Man

Post by Dog_Man » October 12th, 2005, 5:57 am

Dear wordy type,

This sounds more entertaining than watching animals clean themselves. I am indeed interested in discovering more about this word-jamming that you speak of.

Words are the stuff dreams are made of.

Please do tell me more about what the word-jamming concept is all about :)

Perhaps a collaborative creative musing to produce something that no-one could have visualased, as the end product is a result of many layers of visualisation. I have practiced artwork with a group of aligned beings when in a noticably altered/exalted state of conciousness. We took turns of several minutes at a time drawing and continuing on from the previous persons line. It is still the greatest thing I have ever got out through a visual medium, and it was only a fraction of my input that produced it..heh :)

It has so many dimensions, that it would be impossible to hang it straight on a wall.
IT feels kinda sproungi.

IT is only has hard or as soft as the pressures we place upon THAT WHICH IS.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 12th, 2005, 10:27 pm

Hi Dog Man!

Welcome to the Studio!

Word Jamming is very similar to the collaborative painting you've described.

What we do is every couple of weeks we announce a date and time for the Jam and we jam with words like musicians might jam with music, spinning off what each other posts, writing spontaneously. It's fun! Words are definitely the stuff dreams are made of and when we get several people together at the same time dreaming, it feels sorta magical!

I'd love to see that painting you described! Did you take a photo of it!?

We also do Word Jams inspired by images in the Image-ination Jam forum and those are fun, too.

What we're currently doing is collaborating with two other web sites, both of which enjoyed the concept, alternating the jams from one place to the next. We just had a Jam here two weeks ago, so the next one which is coming up this weekend will be at another site called DARC (Dreamers and Rainbow Chasers), then the time after that at another site called The Scroll. By alternating the Jams going to different sites, it creates different atmospheres and that, too, can be inspiring, plus different people from those sites join in which makes it varied and unique every time.

I usually send out an email announcement the night before we do a Jam giving info about where it will be held, what we're calling it, and what time period it will extend.... It's usually 24 hours but sometimes we do it for up to 72 hours... the whole weekend. Either way, it gives everybody the opportunity to show up at their convenience and participate.

Hope you join in!

Again, welcome to the Studio .... looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”