New forum style installed

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

New forum style installed

Post by Doreen Peri » August 27th, 2004, 12:19 pm

Hi. I installed and activated the new style which I like very much. It's much easier on the eye than the first one we were using.

I'm not too hip on the large banner at the top and have viewed it on two computers. On one, I like it very much (it appears as pastel colors, as I designed it) but on the other one, it looks awful... absolutely dreadful...very dark and way too purple and red.

I'll be working on changing the top title image until I come up with something I think works well and blends with the new look of the forums.

So, if you see the top image change a time or two more, and it still says "studio eight" on it, don't panic, you're not lost... you've come to the right place.

I hope you all enjoy navigating around here with the new look. I find it much more pleasant, myself. Any comments are welcome.

Please be aware, that unlike other people on the internet who have put up discussion boards, I'm not a programmer or techie. For instance, I can't move a button from one place to another in software like this without getting into Perl script, which I'm not at all interested in learning. I'm just a designer and a person who wants to see like-minded artistic people come together.

I did some shopping and found this skin and hope you all like it as much as I do.

mnazed

new stylie...

Post by mnazed » August 27th, 2004, 2:43 pm

hi doreen...

Yeah, I like it! The new banner is cool.... and I'm sure it will only get
better if you're still working on it. The only thing I don't like about the change is the fact that I can't get the boards and messages to fit on my
screen.... I have to scroll back and forth to read them. Perhaps there's
a simple adjustment that either you or I could make to remedy this....
but then, I'm no techie, either. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Thanks again!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 27th, 2004, 4:44 pm

hi mnaz....

hmm...
it doesn't fit on your screen? what resolution is your monitor? which way do you have to scroll? up and down or sideways?

I use 1280x1024 resolution, but I checked it at 600x800 which is what most people use, i've heard, and it fit over here

this isn't good if it's not fitting on your screen

did the first style we were using fit?

Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks for the input!...

also, I wish I knew what the top image looked like on other people's screens so I'd know how to adjust the color. Does it look like pastel colors or very dark?

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » August 27th, 2004, 5:48 pm

it fits on my screen just fine. and i like the colours a lot. they look sort of like the same colours i've been painting my apartment. they're like dark pastels. but i like them!
"YOUR way is your only way." - jack kerouac

mnaz

monitor resolution.

Post by mnaz » August 27th, 2004, 7:18 pm

re: monitor resolution.

Maybe that's it. It seems the problem is here on my end. For some reason, I can't resize my resolution above 640x480. When I hit the button for 800x600, Windows 98 goes thru the motions of making the change, but it doesn't "take".... when I recheck the resolution after a resizing attempt, it remains at 640x480, and I'm still left with horizontal scrolling. Perhaps I need a new monitor..... Or a Mac.

Oh well...

mnaz

also...

Post by mnaz » August 27th, 2004, 7:21 pm

also...

it appears that the subject lines aren't showing up on posts for
some reason.

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » August 27th, 2004, 8:56 pm

oh now, you're completely right about that. i have no subject lines either. that's funny. i sort of wondered if the little empty white box might be for pictures or something.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » August 27th, 2004, 9:16 pm

yeah, PJell and mnaz

I always just put a period in the subject bar (on replies, not original posts) and then just start in the lower box with any headline
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » September 1st, 2004, 9:49 pm

well i definitely like the blue studio8 banner better than the varying shades of grey. the purples were nice too tho.

ah, studio8, it's a bit of a surprise, everytime!

Anonymous-one

Re: New forum style installed

Post by Anonymous-one » September 5th, 2004, 1:05 am

doreen peri wrote:Hi. I installed and activated the new style which I like very much. It's much easier on the eye than the first one we were using.

I'm not too hip on the large banner at the top and have viewed it on two computers. On one, I like it very much (it appears as pastel colors, as I designed it) but on the other one, it looks awful... absolutely dreadful...very dark and way too purple and red.

I'll be working on changing the top title image until I come up with something I think works well and blends with the new look of the forums.

So, if you see the top image change a time or two more, and it still says "studio eight" on it, don't panic, you're not lost... you've come to the right place.

I hope you all enjoy navigating around here with the new look. I find it much more pleasant, myself. Any comments are welcome.

Please be aware, that unlike other people on the internet who have put up discussion boards, I'm not a programmer or techie. For instance, I can't move a button from one place to another in software like this without getting into Perl script, which I'm not at all interested in learning. I'm just a designer and a person who wants to see like-minded artistic people come together.

I did some shopping and found this skin and hope you all like it as much as I do.
Here´s a sugestion for a banner:
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/A ... eight2.jpg[/img][/img]

To get a better view of the banner , click on the image .

preston

Post by preston » September 5th, 2004, 12:59 pm

Hey doreen ... I like the new style

everything looks good on my end

`

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”