JAILBAIT

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Glorious Amok

JAILBAIT

Post by Glorious Amok » August 27th, 2004, 5:44 pm

i picked up a Fringe show!! i am the new Stage Manager of last year's hit show JAILBAIT, written and directed by Bruce McKenna, for the duration of the Atlantic Fringe Festival, September 2 - 12. it's been extended to 3 acts from just a 1 act last year.

i know one of the actresses from the acting program at my university, and she also recently did David Mammet's SEXUAL PERVERSITY IN CHICAGO for Foghorn Theatre. if i find any information online, i'll try to post links!
Last edited by Glorious Amok on August 28th, 2004, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"YOUR way is your only way." - jack kerouac

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 28th, 2004, 12:30 am

great! give it all your kari glory!

online info would be cool -

judih

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » September 1st, 2004, 7:42 pm

tonight we Tech-ed the show twice, once at each location we'll be playing.

the big theatre frankly was the bigger pain in the arse, since all the programming was done by computer, and for some reason the lighting Tech couldn't give us any blackouts and cursed that he'd have to work thru his breaks to program all our blackouts. then as soon as we ran out of our scheduled time, the Tech cut us off without finishing our last 6 cues. i would understand it if they had another show coming right in behind us, but no, they went for their dinner break.

at the dinky little half-assed theatre, which is really a gymnasium that has a proscenium stage at one end, the Tech was working with a manual board so it was dial up, dial down, and he recorded his notes by hand. i forewarned him that we ran out of time at the first tech, and he said, 'no problem, you guys are my last tech rehearsal tonight so it doesn't matter if you need to go late, that's fine.' but with the low-tech set up, we actually managed to finish our entire rehearsal, PLUS have a quick production meeting, and were still out 15 minutes before the end of our scheduled time!

HOORAY FOR LOW-TECH!! thankfully, that's where most of our shows will be, we only have 2 shows scheduled at Neptune.

... and we open tomorrow night!!! aaaaaaaaaaack!!!
"YOUR way is your only way." - jack kerouac

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 2nd, 2004, 8:27 am

Break a leg, P-Jell

hell, break both legs

lr
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”