deep cleveland press is pleased to announce the publication of:
Woodsmoke & Green Tea: New Poems by Russell Salamon
66 pages, perfect bound, ISBN 0-9742054-8-6 $12.95
Russell Salamon (bio below) is best known as one of cleveland's mimeo
revolution poets from the 1960s, friend and roommate of d.a. levy.
This is Russell's first new book of poems in five years, filled with
work overflowing with light, love, & spiritual adventure.
You can order on-line at deep cleveland books at the discount price of
$12.00 postage paid:
or send a check for $12.00 to:
deep cleveland books
p.o. box 14248
cleveland, oh 44114
peace to you,
Russell Salamon was born on December 6, 1941 in Berkasovo,
Yugoslavia, as it was then, about sixty miles west of Belgrade in a
hamlet of about 200 people near the Orient Express Line.
Huge steam locomotives thundered through without stopping at Sid
(pronounced, Sheed), a nearby town of 2,000.
This life up to age twelve is recounted in Breakfast in the Twelfth
Century, a book of poems. In October 1953 he came to Kent, Ohio, and soon after, to Cleveland. This part is summarized in Descent into
Cleveland, a poetic novel about events in the 1960's.
A prolific poet, Russell Salamon is the author of eleven books of
poetry. His work has appeared in Passager, Sunstone, Uncommon Ground, Daybreak, The Listening Eye, Saint Petersburg Russian-American Anthology, Peckerwood, Puckerbrush Review, Retooling for the Renaissance in the Third Millenium, Trace, and Dare, among others.
He serves on the editorial board for California Quarterly, published
by the California State Poetry Society. He has been a featured reader
at many venues in California and New York, with one reading in London.
In California: Moonday, Beyond Baroque, Autry Museum of Western
Heritage, Mission Viejo Public Library, Laguna Poets, Bakersfield Art
Gallery, San Louis Obispo, Riverside, Mission San Louis Rey, Moondog,
etc. Inevitable Press, Laguna Poets Series #213, produced Breeze
Hunting for his featured reading in Laguna Beach in 2001.
The editor, Padraic Cohee said of Russell's work: "...the secret of
this book's own magic comes pouring forth like a diluvian inundation
of lyrical synesthesia. The log-jam is broken open and we are swept
away in a current of water, trees, freedom, true love, and poetic
imagery. And there is a breeze whispering in the branches: you can
ride the updraft all the way back to eternity. The movement from
nostalgic simplicity to higher spirituality is done with such skill we
wonder how it is that Russell Salamon doesn't wear that golden
embroidered robe he remembers in one of these poems [about his priest father]. From the paper to the trees themselves, this book is an
enchantment of trees and wooden things. Wonderful!"
He lives in North Hollywood, California. He may be contacted at:
S8 anthologies & member's books.
- ↳ Introductions
- ↳ Announcements, Help, Banners, Books
- ↳ Studio8 Announcements
- ↳ Cenacle's Announcements
- ↳ Help & Feedback
- ↳ Banners
- ↳ S8 Community Books
- ↳ Radio8
- Creative Writing
- ↳ Poetry
- ↳ ~GO!
- ↳ Haiku
- ↳ Stories & Essays
- Visual Arts & Multi-Media
- ↳ Arts Center
- ↳ Paintings & Drawings
- ↳ Digital Art
- ↳ Photography
- ↳ Sculpture, Collage, etc.
- ↳ Artstalk
- ↳ Other Arts Sites
- ↳ Music, Spoken Word & Video
- ↳ General Discussion
- ↳ Culture, Politics, Philosophy
- ↳ Rant, Rage & Laugh
- Member Forums
- ↳ Artlogs & Studios
- ↳ Chat Spot
- ↳ Mingo's Lingo
- ↳ Asylum for the Terminally Vain
- ↳ The Luck of a Dame
- ↳ judih's Inner Jams
- ↳ Arcadia's Place
- ↳ Flying Horse Cafe
- ↳ Columnists
- ↳ Sunday Stream
- ↳ Life in the Horse Lane
- ↳ Archived Community Word Jams: 2004 - 2019
- ↳ # 55 - Solstice through New Years 2019 Light-the-World Word Jam
- ↳ #54 - Healing Jam!
- ↳ #53 - Showers to Flowers Jam - April & May 2016
- ↳ #52 - 2016 Welcome Word Jam!
- ↳ #51– 2015 Annual Spring Equinox Poetry Jam
- ↳ #50 - Solstice to New Years Word Jam - 2014-2015!
- ↳ #49 - 1-Day Xtreme Jam!
- ↳ #48- The Blues & Good News New Years Jam
- ↳ #47 - The Survival Holiday Jam
- ↳ #46 - March Free Poetry Jam
- ↳ March Free Poetry Jam
- ↳ #45 - Solstice through New Years Light-the-World Word & Image Jam
- ↳ #44 - Block Party - A Spring Poetry & Image Jam
- ↳ #43 - Mid-Winter Word Jam 2011
- ↳ #42 - Spirit of Love Art & Poetry Jam
- ↳ #41 - Summer's End to Autumn Transition Jam
- ↳ #40 - The Annual Spring Equinox Jam
- ↳ #39- The 2009 Solstice thru New Years 2010 Word Jam
- ↳ #37 - Solstice 2008 thru New Years 2009 Light-the-World Jam
- ↳ #38 - The M(Earth) Word Jam
- ↳ #36- The Leaves & Arrivals Autumn Word Jam
- ↳ #35 - Close-ups of Summer Jam
- ↳ #34 - The I Can't Wait Word Jam - Part 1
- ↳ #33 - The I Can't Wait Word Jam - part 2
- ↳ #32 - Solstice to New Years Jam 2008!
- ↳ #31 - The Instant Gratification Gratitude Jam
- ↳ #30 - An April Shower of Words
- ↳ #29 - Portrait of Love Art Jam
- ↳ #28 - The January Ringing in 2007 New Years Party Jam
- ↳ #27 - 2nd Annual Winter Holi-Dazed & EnLightened Word Jam
- ↳ #26 - 8 Images in Search of a Poet
- ↳ #25 - B&W & Read All Over Jam
- ↳ #24 - The Unannounced Summer Solstice Poetry Jam
- ↳ #23 - Spring Poetry & Image Jam
- ↳ #22 - Let Me GO! Image & Word Jam
- ↳ #21 - The 2nd Annual Spring Equinox Word Jam
- ↳ #20 - Connecting Branches – A Treeku Word Jam
- ↳ #19 - 2006 New Year Jam
- ↳ #18 - The Winter Holi-Dazed & EnLightened Word Jam
- ↳ #17 - Image Jams
- ↳ #16 - The I Can't Wait Word Jam!
- ↳ #15 - The Summer Home, Summer Not Travelogue Jam
- ↳ #14 - Online Improv Play Green Room
- ↳ #13 - "Ward Nine - Frontal Lobotomy" - An Improv Play
- ↳ #12 - Major Minor Madcap Mayhem Word Jam
- ↳ #11 - The Low-Key Weekend Jam
- ↳ #10 - The 1st Annual Spring Equinox Word Jam
- ↳ #9 - Big Time Poetry Melt Word Jam
- ↳ #8 - The January Knock Yer Socks Off Jam
- ↳ #7 - 2005 New Years Party
- ↳ #6 - Saved - It's a Miracle!
- ↳ #6 - Now! More than ever - 8 Day Miracle Jam
- ↳ #5 - When the 9 Strikes!
- ↳ #4 - 2004 Election Party
- ↳ #3 - Kick out da Jams, Man!
- ↳ #2 - Jam it out!... Let's GO!
- ↳ #1 - Kick out da word jam
- ↳ Archives
- ↳ Retired Forums
- ↳ Eyewitness Reports
- ↳ Postips & e-sources
- ↳ Interviews & Articles
- ↳ Rejection Slip?
- ↳ Trailerpark
- ↳ Performance Arts
- ↳ Duets
- ↳ Workshop & Prompts
- ↳ Image Jams & Photo Travelogue
- ↳ Literature & Film
- ↳ Variations
- ↳ Retired Columns & Artlogs
- ↳ Cathouse
- ↳ Remnants of Madness
- ↳ For Pete's Sake!
- ↳ Pit of Crazy
- ↳ Pic This
- ↳ Poetry Cut-Ups
- ↳ Ronnie GETS it!
- ↳ Things Nobody Wants to Hear
- ↳ Ask da Biotch! - Advice Column
- ↳ Inspiration Station
- ↳ Infinity Sideways
- ↳ A New Kind Of Random
- ↳ The Anti-Academy
- ↳ Mouse Droppings
- ↳ Mystic Arts
- ↳ Open Mike Soundoff
- ↳ The Pregnant Pope
- In Memoriam
- ↳ To Honor our Departed Site Members
- ↳ Lightning Rod
- ↳ Photos of Lightning Rod
- ↳ The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod
- ↳ Norman Mallory
- ↳ ZlatKomix (artwork by Norman Mallory)
- ↳ Constantine
- ↳ Constantinople – (A collection of Constantine's poetry)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest