1st book artwork & poetry companion pieces

S8 anthologies & member's books.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

1st book artwork & poetry companion pieces

Post by Doreen Peri » September 23rd, 2006, 8:33 pm

Just an idea. If you are a writer and know a visual artist here who has some b&w artwork or b&w photography and would like to team up with them to write a companion piece to accompany their artwork (or have one on file that would fit), that would be very cool!

And visa versa and versa vica too. ;) If you are a visual artist and would like to team up with a writer to write a companion piece to your b&w artwork, that would be very cool!

OR.. if you are both a writer and a visual artist and would like to submit companion pieces (one piece of b&w art and an accompanying poem) that would also be very cool!

I envision poetry illustrated by artwork and artwork illustrated by poetry in the book we're creating.

:)

Oh and you don't need to submit all of your pieces all at once. You can submit them one at a time if you want. (no more than 8 per person pls ;))

But if you work with someone like I described above, would be better if one of you submitted the works together so I'll know they're meant to be together.

Thanks!

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 29th, 2006, 1:23 am

dor, this is a great idea.
back a few years ago, artguy kurt introduced me to a canadian site and at that time i was hoping to put some words to some of his artwork.

this is a good opportunity to shift my head into that direction. Glad you mentioned it here.

panta rhei

Post by panta rhei » September 29th, 2006, 4:21 am

an excellent idea, doreen!

teaming up with others or myself... words to visuals, visuals to words -- this will be a great project!

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » September 29th, 2006, 11:49 am

Dear Doreen:

"Marksman45" and I did a piece together a while back, and I still have it. It's the blazon, or splash page, for his graphic novel, THE UNDERCITY.

No novel, just the page-- he wrote, I illustrated in ink.

I don't know what "Marksman45" is doing these days, that talented Canuck lad . . .

--Z

Return to “S8 Community Books”