New book deadline & '8 Images in Search of a Poet'

S8 anthologies & member's books.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

New book deadline & '8 Images in Search of a Poet'

Post by Doreen Peri » October 30th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Deadline for Book Contributions Extended until Nov 15th

I've extended the deadline for submissions to our first book to November 15th. That gives those who haven't yet contributed 2 extra weeks to search through their material and decide what they'd like to contribute.

Please note that we are looking for short poetry as well as b&w photography or b&w artwork.

Please click here to read the Submission Guidelines

November 15th is a firm deadline. We won't be able to extend it again so if you haven't yet contributed, now is the time. :)

A big thank you to all of you who have sent in submissions! This is going to be a wonderful book!

Book Collaboration Event - 8 Images in Search of a Poet

PLUS (and this will be fun), we're going to do a collaborative event.... an event for the purpose of working on the book together.

This event will be called "8 Images in Search of a Poet."

I will post 8 of the b&w art or photography pieces which have been submitted, starting 8 threads with the images.

You will respond to the threads with poetry. The poetry may be poetry you have already written. It may be poetry you will work on as a book submission, inspired by the image, imagining your poetry being printed in the book to accompany the image.

"8 Images in Search of a Poet" will take place on Sunday November 5th - Sunday, November 12th. Mark your calendars!

This event will not be a spontaneous Jam. You can write spontaneously if you'd like, but I suggest you take more time composing a piece (or pieces) of poetry as book submissions.

Essentially, we will be working on the content of the book together during this event.

If you have already submitted your 8 pieces, the pieces you post to the "8 Images" threads will be additional submissions. You can still participate even if you have already contributed pieces for the book.

I'll post more info and an announcement about this event a day or 2 before the event starts and also send out an email announcement. For now, please just plan on participating because we'd love to have as many Studio 8 members taking part in this process as we can.

Thank you!

alienpoet

Post by alienpoet » November 17th, 2006, 7:00 am

Doreen and friends,i'm sorry i missed both deadlines-i've been mostly out of it...due to bad stuff ,as u know i think..I would've loved to participate. Your title ideas are great -sevens to u.Love ,Alien
read me, but don't play me backwards

dakota alien-sky raphael

Return to “S8 Community Books”