S8 anthologies & member's books.
Artguy

So...

Post by Artguy » February 4th, 2007, 2:17 pm

how goes the book????

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 4th, 2007, 2:32 pm

Hi Kurt - I should be ashamed of myself. I have not proceeded in a timely manner on this project.

The current status is this –

All the material has been "voted on" by the volunteer committee of 5 S8 members - me, Lrod, panta, judih, firsty & cenacle.

judih created charts and the votes have been tallied.

Now, the project is in my hands. I have to go through the manuscript which has the total submissions and narrow the material down to the final material for the book, based on the charted votes.

Then I have to typeset and layout the book plus create transitions, chapter names maybe... it's all in my head at this point.

Sooo.... two weekends ago I had this scheduled and didn't get to it. Last weekend was a bust, too. Too many things going on plus i've been so frickin tired but THIS weekend... that is TODAY... I plan on going through the manuscript and at least getting down to the final submissions.

After that, I need to send out an email to the contributers and ask them to send me a short bio.

You can go ahead and send me one if you have some time. We'll just publish 3-4 sentences for each contributer (which you are one, of course!)

Apologies for the delay to all who contributed. I suspect we'll have a book within a month.

I HAVE contacted cafepress and discussed binding options with them and have decided on a size for the book but there is still a lot of work to do.

Stay tuned, OK? I'll keep you all posted, for sure, as it progresses. It's just slow going for me right now because life got in the way of it. But it is top on my list of priorities.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » February 4th, 2007, 2:55 pm

I met a fellow a few years ago on retreat and he publishes his own chapbooks. For bindings he uses the skin of roadkill...

Cenacle

Post by Cenacle » February 19th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Hi Doreen,

Just keep chipping away at it, that's what I do with my projects. Sometimes all one can give is an hour here and there, but they DO add up, and the work DOES get done :) Keep your head down and your legs moving :twisted:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 28th, 2007, 8:34 am

Yes.... it is coming along... little by little. Thank you, Ray!

Cenacle

Post by Cenacle » March 12th, 2007, 1:11 pm

hey Doreen!

what's the update on the book? i haven't checked here in awhile, what have i missed? do you need any help getting it to the finish line? let us know! lots of folks here to give you a hand if you're buried in other work :)

Raymond

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 12th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Apologies for the delay.

It is in process. That's the update. lol

Sections have been created, section intro pages have been created, typesetting styles have been created, a preface has been written, 40 pages out of approx 150-175 have been laid out, most bios have been received.

I thought I'd have it finished by now but you're right... I have other work and other projects and so this is a slower process than I anticipated.

I'm hoping to have it finished to coincide with the launch of the new site which is under development. (a few weeks? geesh.. working on it)

I hope the delay isn't pissing anybody off or anything. lol.. doing the best I can.

Thank you for your offer!

I'm using Quark Xpress to layout the book. Unless you use Quark or InDesign which can open Quark files, there's no way you can help. If you have either of these applications, let me know and perhaps I can throw a few chapters your way.

:)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 2nd, 2007, 11:21 am

OK. So it's been 2 weeks since I posted about the book.

I figure I owe you all an explanation about why it's not done.

here's my explanation...

I've been busy! lol! Many work projects, etc.... house guests (mom & a friend doing work on my house...) and on and on but hey....

I'm doing the best I can. I'm moving along with it and will be working on it this week with hopes of finishing the typesetting and layout by the end of next weekend.

The cover design is done. :)

120 pages are laid out ....not sure how long this will be but probably less than 200 pages.

I have to get the bar code and ISP# and will do that soon.

Plus I have to check with cafepress to find out what the process is to get a printed proof.

My best guesstimate is that the book will be available in a month because there are so many steps to this process.

Thanks for your patients, all, and all of your talents and contributions!

Many apologies for the delay. I'm doing the best I can.

:)

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 2nd, 2007, 11:56 am

the project sounds larger than i imagined!
120 pages already. Wow.

And the cover's done! Fantastic.
Enjoy the process.

thanks for the fill-in. You're shouldering a huge load. thanks for your atlas-like stamina.

love - j

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » April 3rd, 2007, 8:21 pm

no rush D...u r the rock.......
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 4th, 2007, 8:12 pm

Hey... just wanted to let you all know why the name of the book is called "Infinite Tide"

Apparently it takes an infinity to get it finished...

:P :roll: :shock: :lol:

Return to “S8 Community Books”