Name Our Radio Show - Plus Be On the AIR!

Radio8 links, feedback & announcements.
roxybeast

Post by roxybeast » February 13th, 2009, 3:02 am

Cabaradio ... uck ... meaningless ... and not pleasant sounding or catchy at all. And really not easy to remember at all ... we want listeners to be able to remember the name easily, for it to be catchy, searchable, and importantly, for the name to actually suggest something fun & interesting - so that people when hearing the name say to themselves ... wow, now that's something I really need to check out or listen to or hear that show. Any of the names I suggested are far more likely to spur that type of reaction than cabaradio which is very bland and non-descript. Might as well call it cadaradio or cacaradio or whatever radio ... see what I mean?

So here's one more suggestion:

6. "Vestibule of the Mind"

Vestibule being the passage or chamber or space between the inner & outer ... now that's catchy and intriguing and search-engine friendly

LRod ... you should trust me on this ... I'm really good at advertising & coming up with slogans & catch-phrases that people/listeners actually like and remember.

Beth

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 13th, 2009, 7:59 am

Glad to hear you're in, Beth!

The names you proposed are cool!

Since you are an attorney, I'm sure you know that there are no copyright or trademark issues with Studio Eight as nobody else that uses it does the same thing we do. You can have a dozen companies named "Apex" for instance but if one is a roofing company and one is a plumbing company and one is a software company and one is the name of a corner saloon, no copyright or trademark issues......

If there were, I could sue Macromedia for using the name I created... Studio 8 ....... I had the name and this site a good 2 years before they released their software. I went to their forums and congratulated them on choosing such a great name!

Obviously if such a large company as Macromedia wasn't concerned about the name not being catchy enough for their multi-million dollar product, I'm not going to be concerned about the name not being catchy enough to be part of our radio show.

But that said.... I definitely agree with you that "Studio Eight presents" is better than using the name of the site in the title of the show!

As for the name Cabaradio, it's just meaningless enough to probably be perfect..... It's fun, catchy, and memorable..... tag onto it the type of content in the show ... and it works fine.... Cabaradio - Music, Spoken Word, Comedy ... that type of thing.

Perhaps you're not pronouncing it the way it's meant to be pronounced... which may be why you are likening it to "cadaradio" or "cacaradio" ... LOL.. that's very funny. With a radio show, we'd be able to make clear the way it's pronounced... It's a combination of Cabaret ..... and Radio..... pronounced like Cabaret-dio

Btw, you should trust me on this ... I'm really good at advertising & coming up with slogans & catch-phrases ... that's what I do for a living.

:P

All the names you've suggested will be considered and we're open to more ideas, too, if you come up with others!

Looking forward to having you in the show!

Will contact you about how to get me the files.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 13th, 2009, 9:48 am

Footnote to Beth-

I just searched for "Studio Eight" and our site comes up top ... #1 ... on google.

HaroHalola

Post by HaroHalola » February 13th, 2009, 9:52 am

Dori - Saw this late last night, & woh!, awoke to the plethora of suggestions for the absolute Friday the 13th./Valentine's Day cusp idea which just jazzes me - A Studio Eight Radio Show! It was many Moons past - & I am never without due referencing of you whom 1st. inquired/suggested to me at Arcanum, to record my Work, to the point where you explicated the method-possibles. Well, to date this has gone undone...however...

As for my contribution for the moniker:

Crazy8 Radio
StudioBlend Radio
The People's Media
WriteSpeak Radio

TY for including me into the thoughts, I am heartily awaiting the launche` - H'H./H.e.m.
LIFE IS NOT MEASURED IN CONVERSATIONS UNSPOKEN

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » February 13th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Studio Eight does come up #1 on google. However a few links down I see studioeight.org (web design, photography, songs, music, etc.) which is artsty and could be confused with this Studio Eight. That being said one could use Studio Eight more strongly with emphasis in the logo to the 'dot tv' so there would be no confusion in the identity (or at least not as confusing for some...).

I think 'Studio Eight dot TV' (example) needs to be the predominate visual so as to link it with the website. As far as any subtitle..? how about -

<center><b>STUDIO EIGHT</b> dot <b>TV</b>
introduces

Cabaret Sauvignon
radio in good taste</center>

... or...

<center><b>Studi8eighT.TV</b>
<i>presents</i>

CABAR~8~RADIO

~* aural temptations *~ </center>

btw: I can see how Roxy could read 'cabaradio' as cacaradio... it's all in the pronunciation of the word. Other than the movie, Cabaret, some years ago, the word may be limited by age, imho, that may not include a vast majority of younger listeners. But I could very well be totally wrong on that assumption. Maybe a poll...?

When I was a younger fellow I still recall a neighborhood woman talking about choices - "our preacher once told us not to ask the congregation what color to paint the church but to ask for volunteers to paint the church white." I think that applies to this, even though opinions may aid in the decision.

[enough]

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » February 13th, 2009, 2:25 pm

When I was a younger fellow I still recall a neighborhood woman talking about choices - "our preacher once told us not to ask the congregation what color to paint the church but to ask for volunteers to paint the church white." I think that applies to this, even though opinions may aid in the decision.
cec, this quip protty much nails the design by committee thing
what's a camel?
a horse designed by a committee

that's a good joke but at the same time it's good to pool ideas
I think that is Obama's attitude
I hope we come up with a racehorse instead of a camel
someone has to decide though, be the decider
for our country, I'm willing to let Obama decide
for this little radio show, I'm content to let doreen decide
I'm sure both of them will decide based on consensus
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » February 13th, 2009, 3:19 pm

I'm up for it either way!!!! :D

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » February 13th, 2009, 3:26 pm

as sarah palin stole from my father-in-law : you betcha!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 13th, 2009, 10:21 pm

Haro ... I really like the names! Thanks... I especially like WriteSpeak ... And yeah, have always wanted to hear you read your work since I'm sure it would sound cool since you work a lot with sounds and plays on words, etc... and since your work is so unique! Consider sticking a mic in the jack on the back of your PC and downloading this free, rather easy to use audio recording app.... http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ ... just an idea. Thanks again for the name suggestions! :)

mtmynd .... Cecil, great ideas for names for the show! We always like to get input from the community because this is what this site is about. That's how we named the book "Infinite Tide" ... I believe that was panta's suggestion. Anyway, we took them all and did a poll..... so maybe we'll do that again, as you suggested! I'm psyched about this project! It's going to be great! Want to read a Sunday Stream? Just an idea.... would love to hear your voice also... only heard it once or twice on the phone. Speaking of which, hope to connect that way again some time. :)

Jacob

Post by Jacob » February 14th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Sensual Sounds of Studio 8? Thought I would give my two cents considering I like the idea of helping be part of a community I frequent...some of the time. ;)

mindbum

Post by mindbum » February 14th, 2009, 6:50 pm

exciting.

i'll contribute.

cabba-ray-deeeeeeoh.
godless & songless, western man dances with the stuffed gorilla through all the blind alleys of a dead-end world.

-maxwell bodenheim

HaroHalola

Post by HaroHalola » February 14th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Dori - Pleasurably, YW; again, you have redoubled your efforts fo my indulgence to the auditory...near-to-the-humbling-intimidating...I am considering the mic maneuver, again; TY, I hope to the ableness of reciting my Work for the incipience - inclusive/exclusive of Its moniker - H'H./H.e.m.

P.S. - If I "win" would like to be rewarded with meeting Bill Evans in PianoHeaven, afforded of being a vocal accompanist on "Waltz For Debby"!
LIFE IS NOT MEASURED IN CONVERSATIONS UNSPOKEN

roxybeast

Post by roxybeast » February 15th, 2009, 2:25 am

Whatever it turns out to be ...
i hope cabaradio doesn't win out
i mean cabaret is sort of dated
might as well be old fogies hour
"vestibule of the mind" is cool
and is actually a term for hip ideas
& sites used by today's college kids

roxybeast

Post by roxybeast » February 15th, 2009, 2:27 am

Names open doors ... we can invite old farts or hip young minds ... all with the choice of a name ... so choose wisely :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 15th, 2009, 3:46 am

we'll see what happens..... we'll do a poll..... ;)

Return to “Radio8”