Name Our Radio Show - Plus Be On the AIR!

Radio8 links, feedback & announcements.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Name Our Radio Show - Plus Be On the AIR!

Post by Doreen Peri » February 11th, 2009, 9:11 am

Hi all! Guess what? We're going to do a radio show!

Studio Eight member Cenacle (Ray) who produces his own SpiritPlants Radio show (Within's Within) has offered to produce and air a show for Studio Eight! Yay! (thank you so much, Ray!). You can visit SpiritPlants Radio home page at http://spfradio.yage.net to find out more about the station, or tune in live right now: http://yage.net:9000/listen.pls

Would you like to be on the Studio Eight Spoken Word Poetry and Music Show? Of course you would!

We will need to name the show, so if you have ideas about the name, please post them to this thread.

I have created an account on a site where I will be able to upload your audio files and share them with Ray who will be producing the show.

We need both spoken word poetry and music.

Please either sign up on this thread or send me a pm or email saying you are interested and have audio files you'd like to have included in the show. Then I will contact you to tell you where to email them so I can upload them for you.

We will also need
1) info about you
2) a link to your website if you want to include it
3) info about the songs or poetry audio files you send me

This info can be sent to me in a text file.

Once we have the material, I will work with Ray to help develop the order the songs & poetry will play. Ray will produce the show and schedule a time for it to air.

So, message me about your audio files, poets & musicians! Let's be on internet radio, OK?

This will be a lot of fun!

-Doreen
Last edited by Doreen Peri on February 17th, 2009, 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » February 11th, 2009, 12:01 pm

StudioReightio

or StudioR8io

this would work as a visual logo
and when spoken would sound like Studio Radio
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 11th, 2009, 12:13 pm

cool idea ... a little gimmicky... heh.. . but i do love the sound of it

how about just StudioRadio?

still sounds like studio eight

are you in, Lrod?

:)
Last edited by Doreen Peri on February 12th, 2009, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » February 11th, 2009, 12:22 pm

sure I'm in

the graphic logo could have Studio Radio in a bold face with an 8 floated behind it

just thoughts

The Poet's Eye

Cenacle

Post by Cenacle » February 11th, 2009, 3:59 pm

Hey, the only issue with that is that those not familiar with Studio 8 will not get the play on words. Just a caution.

Studio 8 Radio is an idea.

But, since it's a show not a whole station, my idea to suggest is "Live from Studio 8" which I believe would be true of most of the pieces on the show. Or perhaps something with the word "poetry" or "jam" in it. Keeping in mind that the title should tell something of the show's contents :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 12th, 2009, 9:01 pm

What about "Cabaradio!" ?

It's our show, after all... has been for 5 or 6 years or so. Our live stage show... a variety show... music, spoken word poetry, comedy, skits.... sorta loosely inspired by prairie home companion ... only more like urban home companion... lots of fun! Just an idea...

or... "StudioEight.tv Presents: Poetry, Word Jams, Live Music."
(this is Ray's suggestion)

or???

any other ideas?

I will get an email announcement out soon about the radio show... This is going to be so much fun! I love it!

Cenacle

Post by Cenacle » February 12th, 2009, 9:04 pm

Or:

"StudioEight.tv Presents:
Cabaradio -- Poetry, Music, Jams, & Skits" ?

:)

billectric

COOL

Post by billectric » February 12th, 2009, 11:31 pm

I'd like to get in on this radio show!
"Before I was enlightened, I chopped wood and carried water. After I became enlightened, I chopped wood and carried water."
- Zen Teaching

alienpoet

Post by alienpoet » February 12th, 2009, 11:55 pm

those were all good suggestions for what to call it- it should probably be simple , and easy to click with listeners. i'm not well and not with it right now so i can't really come up with anything...but i'm going to keep it on the brain. but...way cool Doreen.
read me, but don't play me backwards

dakota alien-sky raphael

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 13th, 2009, 12:27 am

Bill... great to see you! Glad you want to be a part of this! I will contact you soon! :)

AP - yeah cool, huh? and you're right.. simple and easy to click with listeners... that's good thinking. The words "Yahoo" and "Google" are like that. Easy simple names.... something people remember. Maybe we should call it S8 ... pronounced SATE ... for the insatiable ..... heh ..... what was that piece I did for one of your documentaries? sounded like fear and loathing in las vegas... the title.. can't remember the name of it. Soundtracks from your films are welcome. Or excerpts? Just an idea.. great to see you! :)

Cenacle

Post by Cenacle » February 13th, 2009, 12:53 am

Simple, yes, and clear what the show is about. Some of the shows on SpiritPlants Radio have more arty titles than others, because they are less driven by specific content. Some are very specific. One DJ did a one-time show called "Strange Gourds: the Music of the Smashing Pumpkins." That's about as specific as it gets. My show is "Within's Within: Scenes from the Psychedelic Revolution," which I think gives some idea what it's about.

I think putting Studio Eight in the title or even StudioEight.tv is a good idea. And a sub-title that gives more details. "Cabaradio" is a neat original name, if it has some elaboration what Cabaradio is about.

Good to see more voices chiming in here :) It's going to be a fun project to work on, and the end result will be cool.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 13th, 2009, 1:01 am

Yes, I see what you mean, Ray!

I work in advertising for my day job... copywriting and graphics. So, I'm always thinking of the headline as the catcher... the main name... it's a hook. Then the subtitle is the descriptive thing. That's how I've always done it anyway.

The name can mean nothing really.. like "FWAP!" subtitle is "the disappearance of an invisible human being." You see what I mean. Like CABARADIO (great name.. catchy, but who the heck knows what it means? Nobody... and that's OK because the subtitle would be the description like "spoken word, music & comedy". And then other descriptive phrases on the promo like "think urban home companion" etc)

Anyway, I think we're thinking along the same lines and this is going to be great fun! I'm psyched about it!

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » February 13th, 2009, 1:46 am

Cenacle wrote:Hey, the only issue with that is that those not familiar with Studio 8 will not get the play on words. Just a caution.

Studio 8 Radio is an idea.

But, since it's a show not a whole station, my idea to suggest is "Live from Studio 8" which I believe would be true of most of the pieces on the show. Or perhaps something with the word "poetry" or "jam" in it. Keeping in mind that the title should tell something of the show's contents :)
Peter Pan peanut butter was once an idea
now it's a brand
(disregarding the recent peanut butter scandal)

The Poet's Eye

roxybeast

name for show

Post by roxybeast » February 13th, 2009, 2:09 am

Ok, so first I thought just keep it simple ... call it "Studio 8"
but I searched Studio 8 on google and guess what ...
six pages into the search and we never even come up,
there's Macromedia Studio 8 software, Studio 8 comedy troupe,
and lots of other Studio 8 products, design firms, etc.
We are nowhere to be found, thus, if we include Studio 8
as the name of the show, we may never be found by listeners.
Now we do come up first when one types in Studio Eight,
but in all this confusion ... who knows what listeners might type ...
and frankly, studio 8 may have copyright or trademark issues.

So here are some suggestions:

1. "The Beatnik Hour" (.... or even "The Beatnik Power Hour")
(Says what our show would be ...I searched this & we'd come up first, although there is a Beatnik Radio Show out of England on myspace. I also thought about The Beatnik Flower Power Hour, but there is actually a "FolkGoddess Flower Power Hour" site on myspace too)

(My next thought was "Poetic License" but there is already a spoken poetry site by that name ...)

Next I thought of The Cutting Edge Poetry Circle, but there are actually poetry sites & contests under this name ... but maybe:

2. "The Cutting Edge Word Jam"
(Nothing comes up when searched, so we'd be at the top of the list)

3. "The Longfellow Follies"
(Nothing comes up when searched, so we'd be at the top of the list, this name is sort of whimsical & follies does describe the show)

4. "Poet's Eye Radio"
(Figure LRod will like this one! ... but there is actually an "Eyes of the Poet Radio" show & website ... so maybe not)

I like this next one for fun ...
5. "The Fumbling Morons' Radio Show"
(Nothing comes up when searched, so we'd be at the top of the list)

So there's a few suggestions from a creative advertising mind.

My vote is for The Beatnik Hour or The Beatnik Power Hour, although
The Fumbling Moron's Radio Show is really growing on me. :)

We might pick a name for the show and then add the phrase "presented by Studio Eight" to the end of the name when announcing it on radio.

Beth
The Pregnant Pope

ps--Doreen, shoot me an e-mail to roxybeast@hotmail.com
so I have your e-mail and then I can send you some audio files,
songs or poetry - let me know what kind of material / subject ...

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » February 13th, 2009, 2:26 am

beth,
some good ideas here
I know there is a problem (in SEO terms [search engine optimization] with the searchability) with the name Studio Eight. My own name is much the same. When you search Lightning Rod you get links to Benjamin Franklin's invention etc.

I think you make a good point.

Cabaradio, on the other hand is a bit more unique and thus more accessible.

I'm glad that you are on board here. You can show some of your recordings and the show gets more content. Win/Win

The Poet's Eye

Return to “Radio8”