Busted

Creative complaints & humor.
sasha

Busted

Post by sasha » July 4th, 2018, 3:30 pm

The Monsignor was visiting a young priest new to the Diocese, and was a little taken aback by the pretty young housekeeper he'd retained. He wasn't sure if he detected signs that she might be more than an employee or not, but said nothing, and after an excellent supper and a few glasses of fine sherry, they all retired for the night.

The next morning, neither the priest nor his housekeeper were up and about, but she had laid out a sumptuous breakfast for him and a note urging him to help himself. This he did, and after packing his overnight bag, made his way to the local station where he caught a train home.

Several days later, he received a letter from the priest. "Dear Monsignor," it read. "It was so good to see you last week, and to share a fine meal and such stimulating conversation. However there is a matter of some delicacy I rather hesitantly bring up. My housekeeper has a very fine sterlling silver soup ladle that has gone missing. Now, I do not say that you took the ladle, nor do I say that you did not - but the fact is, she has been unable to locate it since your visit."

The Monsignor read this over a few times, then sat down and composed a letter of his own. "My dear Father," he wrote. "I, too, greatly enjoyed the time spent with you and your delightful housekeeper, a superb host who kept our wine glasses full following an excellent sup. But I fear this brings me to a matter of some delicacy I rather reluctantly put to you now. Father, I do not say that you sleep together, nor do I say that you do not - but the fact is, if your housekeeper slept in her own bed, she would found the soup ladle by now."
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”