Don Asmussen's "Bad Reporter" for Nov 22, 2006

Creative complaints & humor.
whimsicaldeb

Don Asmussen's "Bad Reporter" for Nov 22, 2006

Post by whimsicaldeb » November 22nd, 2006, 2:35 pm

:lol:

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » November 22nd, 2006, 4:05 pm

I have not seen the Letterman show where Richards came on with Seinfeld. But I heard it was great TV.

I bet it felt good while he was doing it. Wonderful powerfull feeling to rage on. Must be a guy thing I used to think till I saw a sister do it.

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » November 22nd, 2006, 10:31 pm

Diana Moon Glampers wrote:I have not seen the Letterman show where Richards came on with Seinfeld. But I heard it was great TV.

I bet it felt good while he was doing it. Wonderful powerfull feeling to rage on. Must be a guy thing I used to think till I saw a sister do it.
Well ... here's a link, you can watch/listen to the interview and apology and decide for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5dkHMHVJjU

He was out of line, he knows that, he knows he went crazy on the stage ... but it happened and he can't take it back, so now there is only forward.

As strange as this may sound, humor helps the 'rest of us' deal with it all.

For him, it's a dark night of the soul. For me it's Don Asmussen's "Bad Reporter" for Nov 22, 2006

"All the rage"

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » November 23rd, 2006, 12:24 am

Last edited by Diana Moon Glampers on January 26th, 2007, 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » November 23rd, 2006, 1:12 am

Last edited by Diana Moon Glampers on January 26th, 2007, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » November 23rd, 2006, 1:25 am

Diana Moon Glampers wrote:
Don Asmussen's "Bad Reporter"
I am glad it tripped your trigger WD
Me too Jack. Feels good to laugh, to chuckle over things in the crazy world.

Don Asmussen Bad Reporter tickles me the way Gary Larson's Farside (remember him) and Bizarro does. I believe they call someone like myself ... "a person who enjoys alternative humor"
Jack wrote:I don't get the joke, I mean the picture of the headline. Apocolypto a movie about the Mayans?
Focus is not so much on the Mayans... but because of Mel Gibson and his "I only called the Jewish cop a bunch of vicious names because I was drunk but I'm okay now and didn't really mean it because I'm getting help" comments - and because of that he's having with Touchstone (who is releasing his film) .
Last edited by whimsicaldeb on November 23rd, 2006, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » November 23rd, 2006, 1:28 am

Last edited by Diana Moon Glampers on January 26th, 2007, 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » November 23rd, 2006, 1:38 am

Diana Moon Glampers wrote:Yeah I was thinking of the farside too but also the adams family, the one of the audience sitting in the dark illuminated by a flickering movie sceene everybody crying except for one guy who is laughing. There were a lot of people in the audience laughing during the letterman clip. Sinefeld had to tell them its not funny, but they seemed to laugh louder. Nervous laughter?

You might like this spoof. I found it while I was checking out the Mayan movie.

{paste}
Michael Richard Cancels Show at the Apollo; Cites Health Concerns

As helpless audience members watched in horror, Richards' stand up career disintegrated like Rice Crispies in milk after he launched into a three minute, racially charged tirade that made even Mel Gibson confident enough to come out of hiding to promote his new film, Apocalypto. "Finally, an even bigger idiot to knock me out of the headlines," Gibson remarked from an undisclosed bunker location. Gibson even suggested blacklisting Richards in Hollywood, which drew snickers from the reporter who thought he said blackfacing.
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm? ... e=s2i12214
I sure do like that spoof!!!!
:lol:
Thank you for finding that jem!

btw ~ I edited my other reply to include my answer ... and we seem to be in synch again; your find actually not only explains it better .. but was funny as heck as well.

... plus I had to edit this reply due to some serious typos on my part. I'm tired, been backing pies and such ... gearing up for tomorrow.

Oh and one last thing - yeah, it was so weird watching that video of Karmer apologizing. Sinefeld having to say 'stop laughing' ... the laughing did continue for a bit more but by the end everyone knew he wasn't joking. But the guy's reeling from this ... my heart went out to him. We all fuck up, ya know?

pps ... have a good thanksgiving, Jack. I've read your poem(s) your thoughts; been thinking of you.

have a good thanksgiving. Here's to hoping you have a really good thanksgiving.

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » November 23rd, 2006, 2:01 am

Last edited by Diana Moon Glampers on January 26th, 2007, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » November 23rd, 2006, 2:15 am

Ya, Kramer's villified. Ya, it's unprofessional. Ya, it's human...all too human. Sometimes when you're angry you clutch at whatever you can to throw and throw hard.

Not excuseable I suppose...but certainly forgiveable.

And now...

now the two fellows who were the brunt of the tirade are going to seek compensation...monetary compensation.

Humans sadden me.
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » November 23rd, 2006, 2:33 am

mousey1 wrote:Ya, Kramer's villified. Ya, it's unprofessional. Ya, it's human...all too human. Sometimes when you're angry you clutch at whatever you can to throw and throw hard.

Not excuseable I suppose...but certainly forgiveable.

And now...

now the two fellows who were the brunt of the tirade are going to seek compensation...monetary compensation.

Humans sadden me.
Me too mousey1 ... humans sadden me. Perhaps that's why I prefer animals to humans and have such a bizarre sense of "humor."

"Not excuseable I suppose...but certainly forgiveable."
beautifully said, simple: complete
and I agree.

Jack, we're ships passing in the night.
again

<3

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » November 24th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Last edited by Diana Moon Glampers on January 26th, 2007, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » November 24th, 2006, 10:17 pm

I do not ignore you...
:D

and "my opps" for outing you
my bad, I did, I was tired

Write, write, write
all the time, any time, every time, stoned or not

no matter
no harm
no foul

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » November 27th, 2006, 10:22 am

jitterbugz self-portrait looks like a bottlenozed porpose stuck un the zipper ofa motorcycle jacket
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Diana Moon Glampers

Re: Don Asmussen's "Bad Reporter" for Nov 22, 2006

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » July 4th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Ten four compadre 8) It is painful, like a circumcision by zipper,
stand up comedy is not pretty, not for sissies. I think about doing it sometimes, or even sit down comedy. Spalding Gray, if I could write like that.

Sometimes I have to shut up because I get bored with my blues, but not today. How you doing , sorry I missed your birthday back in may, hester's too.

"Shut up still.trucking I am bored with your blues
many a man has travelled this road
faced all the troubles took all the blows...
now you try to tell me the path I should choose..." the spinoza of jewtown

I am having a bluesy fourth of july today
I hope you are having a good day too.

The American Blues Festival

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

Return to “Rant, Rage & Laugh”