poetryinbaltimore party flyer

Hand-painted or drawn art.
Terri

poetryinbaltimore party flyer

Post by Terri » March 15th, 2008, 12:01 am

Terri

Post by Terri » March 15th, 2008, 12:06 am

Here's my first draft of the flyer for the PIB 3rd anniversary party--I originally did the image for a project of HaroHalola's, Haikurotica, that I'm illustrating, but PIB's borrowing it. Once she okays it, I'll move it over to Announcements (if I can figure out how).

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 15th, 2008, 12:44 am

hey terri.. this is really cool!

i LICK it!

er, i mean i LIKE it! ;)

what i don't get is why when i click it, i can't see it bigger... this software has the "lightbox" software in it, meaning, when you click it, you're supposed to be able to see a larger version of it (well as large as the original wherever it is you have it stored)... but when I click your image, the "lightbox" doesn't work and it opens up a new window at http://tinypic.com/ ... sigh... this is frustrating to me.. don't mind me.. i just want to see the larger image of your very nice illustration/poster/flyer ....

Is http://tinypic.com/ hosting this image? Maybe that's the problem?

Send me the image and I'll host it for you ... or use flicker maybe? or something? I just want to see a larger image.. lol.. i can't read it so small! I'm old! ha!

who is the "she" who has to approve this? Julie?

once it's approved, just repost it to Announcements... but would be nice to have a larger image (sorry.. i repeat myself.. i'm in a repetitive mode... i'm in a repetitive mode... i'm in a repetitive mode... shut me up quick! shut me up quick! arghhhhhhhhhh) ;)

ps - so cool that you're illustrating the book for harohalola! i'm psycho for ya! ... er, i mean psyched! :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 15th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Ahhh... I see what you did! You used html code. heh ... and you wanted the picture to go to that page. Geesh. I'm such a dummy.

OK well I got your link to the flickr post and I opened the image in a new window and got the actual URL for the image. I'm explaining how I'm doing this so you can see this work. OK so now that I have the URL for the actual image only (not the image laid out on the page), I'm using BB code img tags in square brackets, not pointy brackets like html. When you open the posting window, there's an Img button up top. If you hit it 2x, that's all you need. It will create the opening and closing tags. Then paste the URL of the image itself in between.

Voila! Now if you click on that, you will see what I mean by what "lightbox" does.

Anyway, this is probably the round about way of doing this. I think as a flickr member, they give you "embed code" for discussion forums like this.

Cool poster, Terri! Thanks for sharing it! How big is it going to be when they print it?

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » March 17th, 2008, 5:31 am

i thought the rolling stones had copyrights
to tongue-sticking-out-ings

nice concept

it says immediately a real delight in poetry
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Terri

Post by Terri » March 17th, 2008, 11:21 pm

thanks! I was hoping it would.

westcoast

Post by westcoast » March 17th, 2008, 11:32 pm

mmmmm, yum
poetry is sexy

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 21st, 2008, 3:39 pm

tactil-gustative poetry with shut eyes in first plane!!!!!!! great image!!!!!!! mmmmmm.......

Return to “Paintings & Drawings”