Total votes: 7

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Which is better? And Why?

Post by Doreen Peri » March 10th, 2005, 11:19 pm

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 11th, 2005, 12:15 am

i chose #1 cause i see the face as a 'daylight' face.
love this banner.
it's open, it's private, it's willing to speak to me, it's harboring issues that need to be expressed, it's waiting for an ear.

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » March 12th, 2005, 12:47 pm

I really like this!!!!

Who did yon, I mean, above yon banner?

I voted number 2, for I love the moon.
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

oneeyeddog333

Post by oneeyeddog333 » March 19th, 2005, 10:54 pm

all three are good i chose 2 no special reason
dont trust anyone

Sober Duck

Yep!

Post by Sober Duck » March 19th, 2005, 11:12 pm

I have to go with the majority.
For me #2 will do.
The darkness gives balance.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 20th, 2005, 6:21 pm

Thanks, all, for taking the time to look and for your votes!

It was just one of those times when I couldn't decide which worked best.

I'm leaning toward #2, myself, because I think the darkness outside the window adds balance to the piece, as the SoberOne said.

Yes, mousey1, I created this. People tell me nobody's interested in "sausage-making" but since I'm *always* interested in how someone created something, I'll explain anyway.

I started with a photo of my daughter. She's 12 but I didn't want her to look that young, so I used some Photoshop filters to alter the face to make her look older. Then I removed the entire background, except for the window, including a lot of her own hair and drew the hair myself, using the brush tool and other Photoshop tools. I also drew in the eyes. I found a photograph I took of a tree and used resized and cropped it to fit in the panes of the windows. I drew in the sun (or moon in #2), filled it with a yellow, using multiply. Once I was satisfied with the face and window, I flattened the image and applied more effects to the image as a whole, to make it look like a drawing, plus used the line tool to draw to highlight her glasses and other areas which I wanted to accentuate.

That's it. Thanks again, everybody.
Last edited by Doreen Peri on March 20th, 2005, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 20th, 2005, 6:21 pm

Thanks, all, for taking the time to look and for your votes!

It was just one of those times when I couldn't decide which worked best.

I'm leaning toward #2, myself, because I think the darkness outside the window adds balance to the piece, as the SoberOne said.

Yes, mousey1, I created this. People tell me nobody's interested in "sausage-making" but since I'm *always* interested in how someone created something, I'll explain anyway.

I started with a photo of my daughter. She's 12 but I didn't want her to look that young, so I used some Photoshop filters to alter the face to make her look older. Then I removed the entire background, except for the window, including a lot of her own hair and drew the hair myself, using the brush tool and other Photoshop tools. I found a photograph I took of a tree and used resized and cropped it to fit in the panes of the windows. I drew in the sun (or moon in #2), filled it with a yellow, using multiply. Once I was satisfied with the face and window, I flattened the image and applied more effects to the image as a whole, to make it look like a drawing, plus used the line tool to draw to highlight her glasses and other areas which I wanted to accentuate.

That's it. Thanks again, everybody.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » March 20th, 2005, 8:07 pm

#3 the left side of the work blank without prejudice....you fill in the blank...

Traveller13

Post by Traveller13 » March 21st, 2005, 7:54 am

I prefer #2, don't ask why

e_dog

Post by e_dog » March 24th, 2005, 4:34 pm

i say 1 and 2 are equally good; or rather they are companion pieces in a necessarily linked series, much like night and day in the world more generally.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Return to “Paintings & Drawings”