muscle girl in the morn...acrylic paint 16 x 20 canvas
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

Terri

Re: morning stretch on the veranda

Post by Terri » June 16th, 2018, 8:18 am

i'm going to be annoying and talk about this like they taught me in school
this - these - your paintings in general, but we're talking abt this one -
the sheer 'i don't give a shit what YOU think painting oughta be like'-ness is so awe-inspiring
to me
you have close observation of what's There going on in those upper thigh shadows
then you have the billowing arms like no arms seen on earth
then the somewhat masklike (again, my opinion only) face
and then you throw in more observed details like the red scrollwork railing and that door handle off to the left
and the weirdly perfect sheer shirt thing
i like your work

saw

Post by saw » June 16th, 2018, 9:33 am

terri, thanx so much...I consider you a real artist...with training and serious skills...i see myself as a wannabe hack that has ideas, and isn't afraid to try....I really appreciate the details in your comments...I'm a fan of distorting proportions as a way to provoke a response...so i guess in that sense I'm a success...haha...I've never had an art class...I'm sure I could benefit from that....I'm also a big lover of children's art ( perhaps I'm just a big kid)...I love the way kids interpret the world...I have many of my kids paintings in my bedroom...they make me smile

thanx for taking the time to comment....looking forward to Dean's poetry book !

Terri

Post by Terri » June 19th, 2018, 12:58 pm

yes, the kid's approach
and dean also could have it

i'm looking forward to his book too

saw

Post by saw » June 20th, 2018, 8:59 am

as far as I know ( I have saved this for 4 years...it's been on my wall ) the following is dino's very last post....As I recall it was a comment in a poem thread that I believe Dan Cuddy initiated.....

June 7th 2014....6:24 am

"As long as academia maintains its stranglehold upon the aesthetics of what, how, and who a poem should look like then expect more of the same."

dino was a big believer in venues that allowed everyone to read...not just the anointed poets that were always featured at these things.....and we had many conversations about opening our own place....we even looked at potential venues...but our time ran out

Terri

Post by Terri » July 24th, 2018, 12:23 pm

dino was a big believer in venues that allowed everyone to read...not just the anointed poets that were always featured at these things.....and we had many conversations about opening our own place....we even looked at potential venues...but our time ran out
it was one of the first things i learned about him, that he wanted to subvert the big name reader system (anointed, good word for it) and set up an alternative

"The Salon des Refusés, French for "exhibition of rejects"... is generally an exhibition of works rejected by the jury of the official Paris Salon" - that, but for poets.

i miss him so much i can't tell you

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » July 24th, 2018, 4:58 pm

I like her as well-I am trying to determine if she is as hot as I am- and that is why her facial expression seems like she has accepted that it’s balmy
The view is magnificent from where she seems to be
All in all
I think she has a story to tell
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Return to “Paintings & Drawings”