judih
Site Admin

Re: hot chocolate

Post by judih » November 12th, 2021, 11:44 pm

me too! love the palette!

saw

Post by saw » November 13th, 2021, 8:57 am

thanx so much roy and judih.....painting and poetry are a lot the same for me in that I tap places that are in my subconscious...and both truly keep me grounded

...might as well disclose...in case I'm just not here one day to post....I hope my daughter Eria will let you know I've moved on....I've had mini strokes.....an MRI shows damage to my left frontal lobe.....but thus far no answers.....i have a blot clot in my upper leg, so blood thinners to go along with cocktail I take each day since quintuple bypass surgery July 1, 2020

And.... I went totally deaf....so I am learning to be that way

I am a candidate for cochlear implants..........so we shall see

not complaining or whining...we all have to play the hand we are dealt.......
I'm painting. and writing and still getting out to the woods....but not alone for now, with hiking partners...but some day in the future ( who knows when ) I hope to go into the forest and lie down forever

My life must be charmed.....because I'm still here !.......able to do many of the things I love.....imagine that !
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 13th, 2021, 3:47 pm

filling the moments with your self and still gifting us with inspiration. Thanks, Steve and may these days be fine. If the cochlear implants are in the cards - terrific!

saw

Post by saw » November 14th, 2021, 9:12 am

thanx very much for your sentiments judih....( a member of my electronic family ! )

sasha

Post by sasha » November 14th, 2021, 12:54 pm

I've been hesitant to respond because I quite simply am not sure how to. I don't know the right platitudes, the right ratio of frankness to cliche. Of course I hope the very best for you - you were the 1st writer here I hadn't before "met" to respond to one of my posts. I consider you one of my virtual friends (or, as I've tried to explain to my technophobic, lost-in-dementia mother "a pen-pal").

All the best, man - keep digging those tunes in your head, keep communing with the woods, keep splashing paint on canvas (or whatever it is you splash it on), keep whispering those thoughts to the notepad. We know you're here.

BTW, following my own stroke, I gave my daughter - and brother & sister - a similar directive, to inform certain individuals (including this Studio) when I finally run out of fuel. And that was over 2 yrs ago. So there's that.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

saw

Post by saw » November 14th, 2021, 5:36 pm

thanks roy for the kind well-wishes and connection.....I feel fortunate to have this cyber family to meet and chat with whenever I can.....I look forward to it...Always......been a long run with many of us....,tho the numbers have fallen, the ones who are still around are the heart and soul of Studio Eight......And yes, I plan to keep doing the things I love for as long as I possibly can.....I have a wonderful support system of friends and family.....getting me to the right appointments and helping me with resources available......for instance as to the hearing I have this app that transposes voice to next....it's a life saver at this time....but I can just barely hear my own voice...so i tend to talk too loud....but I'm working on the finesse

thanx so much......keep workin that hip ....you'll get there

Return to “Paintings & Drawings”