Post by saw » November 20th, 2021, 9:53 am

Dreamzzzz.jpg
acrylic paint and collage 2011
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sasha

Re: Dreamzzzz

Post by sasha » November 20th, 2021, 5:57 pm

This really captures it. Occasionally I still dream something vivid & cohesive enough to recall details afterwards, but usually now it's like the painting implies - I might vaguely remember the emotional vibe, but any narrative quickly crumbles away. I like this.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 20th, 2021, 10:50 pm

i'm floored by the amount of detail and how it dissipates into abstract memory. And your fine technique serves you well, Steve. We need a digital show of your work.

saw

Post by saw » November 21st, 2021, 10:01 am

yeah roy ,I am the same ....detailed dreams that I'm sure the details are so vivid, I will never forget, vanish into emotional colors....appreciate your feedback.....and

judih thanx for your take as well.....certainly abstraction is a key element to the experience....and may be why I have done a number of abstract paintings in my body of work....I also have always loved collage....since I was a young boy...its interesting you mention a digital show, because it kind of ties together with me lately thinking of parting with some of my babies.....I started painting in earnest about 11 years ago.....never had an art lesson.....but thought that looks like fun......why should I be denied having fun....haha....and I had these real attachments to the paintings.....like they were apart of me.....but lately I'm thinking of selling some.....which was never my interest before.....my 3 kids have a number of paintings....I have one painting hanging in a psychologist's office, and I did sell one painting to a woman that so wanted this painting....Japanese style of two birds that I made up....it was fun having the freedom to just create birds that didn't exist

and of course I understand the purpose of a digital show would not be sales.....but i just thought it was interesting how your idea tied into my swing in positions

thank you both for your support......I've essentially been a closet artist

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 21st, 2021, 10:07 am

showing your work will bring buyers, for sure! And how could one choose what to buy without seeing the collection. (by 'one' I mean 'I').

sasha

Post by sasha » November 21st, 2021, 1:29 pm

sasha wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 5:57 pm
This really captures it. Occasionally I still dream something vivid & cohesive enough to recall details afterwards, but usually now it's like the painting implies - I might vaguely remember the emotional vibe, but any narrative quickly crumbles away. I like this.
we're not alone: https://xkcd.com/430/
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

saw

Post by saw » November 25th, 2021, 9:32 am

we are a tribe

Return to “Paintings & Drawings”