Abstract Amerika

Hand-painted or drawn art.
saw

Abstract Amerika

Post by saw » March 22nd, 2024, 6:01 pm

IMG_6904.JPG
12 x 12acrylic paint on canvas
IMG_6904.JPG (54.87 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Last edited by saw on March 24th, 2024, 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sasha

Re: Amerika

Post by sasha » March 22nd, 2024, 8:42 pm

I read an editorial somewhere that said Trump isn't the problem - Trumpism is. He's the arsonist who lit the fire. The tinder was there all along. If Trump hadn't lit the match, someone else would have....
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 22nd, 2024, 11:02 pm

I don't know jack shit about art but I like it. I think Dadio would call it a good capture. 8)

I think about the 40 million people in Amerika who support trump. Nice folks I am sure.
“So this is hell. I’d never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the ”burning marl.” Old wives’ tales! There’s no need for red-hot pokers. Hell is—other people!”

saw

Post by saw » March 23rd, 2024, 9:19 am

Long before Trump, I believe the Republican party had already become a far-right poltical party....things like anti-abortion were already their goals.....and any thug could have represented the machismo necessary, the swagger for things like the storming of the capital to occur.. The "Big Lie" allowed his propagandized followers from having to own up to the fact that he lost the election. Victimhood is very important to autocrats....and Trump was allowed to remain their hero.So psychologically he never left. Autocracy is already present on the state level....and it's a bit frightening that there are 400 million guns in private hands.....and the media is the wild card......so easy today to weaponize propaganda

there is a meme circulating...." My Incestors Built This Country ".......haha....maybe true.....but ya gotta worry about some of his followers......I saw one fella with Dixie flag homemade outfit wearing that slogan....of course it could have been photo-shopped......that's the other thing.....What is Real ?.......hard to tell these days
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sasha

Post by sasha » March 23rd, 2024, 1:11 pm

Agree, the demographic has long been there - the pseudo-christian zealots, the gun enthusiasts, mostly undereducated white guys frightened & bewildered by the country's changing mores, and resentful of those trying to bring it about. Feeling outnumbered perhaps, until Newt Gingrich's Contract With America (I used to substitute "ON" for "WITH"...). He & Rush Limbaugh made it ok to say what the disenfranchised uber-conservatives felt - & they've since come out of the closet, saying it ever louder & more vehemently. I have no feel for what politics may have been like in the distant past (1820s, e.g.), but without that context I'm a little alarmed by where things seem to be going today. Twenty years ago I probably would have scoffed at the notion of civil war (an oxymoron if ever I heard one) - now... well, I'm not so sure anymore. I don't see legislated secession - that would mean weaning from the teat of Federal assistance - but increased militia violence doesn't seem too far-fetched.
Last edited by sasha on March 23rd, 2024, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasha

Post by sasha » March 23rd, 2024, 1:15 pm

"My ancestors built this country" - right, after stealing it from its rightful owners......

sasha

Post by sasha » March 23rd, 2024, 1:17 pm

I like the painting, by the way...!

Return to “Paintings & Drawings”