Desert Madness : 1, 2, 3

Digital art & digitally enhanced photos.
mtmynd

Desert Madness : 1, 2, 3

Post by mtmynd » August 6th, 2008, 6:18 pm

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » August 6th, 2008, 8:55 pm

i'm digging your progress....the southwestern flavor of your environs
shines through and through.....amazing images cecil....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 6th, 2008, 9:04 pm

Very cool!

I remember having a heated discussion on Litkicks with some people who claimed that digital art wasn't art.

How wrong they were!

Takes the same skills as any other type of visual arts.... composition, balance, design, shape, form, color, value, hue, tone, line, light, etc.

Of course, before Ansel Adams, some people claimed photography wasn't art also.

What application are you using to create the effects, Cecil?

I like these very much!

Nice ART! ;)

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 6th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Litkicks long since forgotten. Love the second the most!!!! Did you arrange that rock formation or find it like that????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 25th, 2009, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 6th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Thx mucho, wired! I tell ya', this photoplay, as i call it, is so dman much fun... i've got a file full of pictures and going thru them and experimenting with them has been a blast. glad you're diggin' it, amigo!

Hi, Dor'... like i was talkin' to wired up there... these all begin with pictures i have taken, and thx to wired, he turned me on to some extras in photobucket, my online provider. they have upgraded to having their own (free!) photoplay under the 'edit' program. so, depending on the pic and what i'm looking for to play with it, i just get into it and let it flow... some turn out really bad while some turn out like these. it all depends on your own pics and what you like.

yo, Dtd... that formation was part of several on hiway NM9, the southernmost hiway in NM.... there are dozens and dozens of random stacks in one large area where there is a lot of rocks and stones laying all around. They are several miles east before reaching Columbus. One story i heard is that they are markers erected by the border-hoppers that tell others coming after them locations... i really don't know but it sounds good!

btw: the other two pics were also taken on the same road trip, in another area.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 6th, 2008, 9:45 pm

Cool! Try this, too.... Adobe Photoshop put up an online version... it's free to register

https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

There, you will find even more filters and effects as used in the professional application

I've been doing digital art for years... and doing effects on photos is lots of fun and creative. The japanese-appearing banner up there today is a digital piece I did starting with a photo also.

I heard the photoshop online link above was really great... Well, I read an article about it written by Adobe so no wonder they said it was great! LOL!

But seriously, try it and tell me what you think. Would be interested.

:)

SmileGRL

Post by SmileGRL » August 6th, 2008, 10:21 pm

again...very inspiring and informational thread. cecil, the third one looks like some of those little alien creatures in the "coffeeshop" in the movie "men in black"...cool! doreen, thanks for the link.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 7th, 2008, 6:47 am

The air of mystery!!!! Ooooo very nice!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 25th, 2009, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » August 7th, 2008, 6:49 pm

Digital art is a whole new horizon and yes, much fun. I have enjoyed taking the ordinary and giving it a little spice. I can now take my not so great photos and turn them into something more specactular.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 7th, 2008, 9:09 pm

so ancient & so futuristic images at the same time!!!!!! bravo, Cecil!!!!!!!! :D

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 7th, 2008, 9:31 pm

hey, duck! nice seeing you around again. i had thought maybe you fell off the wagon or something. ;-)

yeah, i've been gettin a kick outta photplayin' as you can see. it's eally quite something these various programs and what even a cyber-dunce like me can do with his own photos... like you say, take a standard shot and tweak it into something unusual.

thx... i dig your pic!

ahh... "V", amiga... me gusta tu ojo! very nice what you said. muchas gracias!

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » August 7th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Hey mtmynd, and yes I have fallen of the wagon. But that is not why I haven't been around lately. just been busy. Yep this Duck is Drunk as hell!!!!!

Return to “Digital Art”